Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wife's first steelie!!
Well, with everyone else; I went to salmon this weekend. Had a great time and LOTS of fish. I finally got my wife out there fishing after 8 years of trying. I was a little nervous about the weather report, but fortunately we had great weather for november. I'll hand it to my wife. She stuck out saturday like a trooper. She fished all day and didn't touch a fish all day. At one point in time our lines were within two feet of each other and I hooked up with one. She took it good. Finally just as it was getting dark, everyone had started to gather around the fire and talk while her and another friend kept fishing when all of a sudden all I heard was "I got a fish!" I turned around to see my wife fighting a steelie like she had on a king salmon!! At that point, all that I had been hoping for had fallen into place. Now the only problem I have is that I don't think that I'm going to have much of a blessing from her when I go on my day trips during the week without her. All in all it was a good weekend. Saturday we hooked 35, landed 25, and kept 18 between 7 of us. Sunday was a little slower that saturday. There was only 5 of us on sunday and when my wife and I left at 1:30 everyone had only hooked 12 and landed 9. I assure you that I will be back up withing the week if I can manage it.
[signature]
Wow!!!How fun is that. Good for you guys. I keep thinking I need to go steelhead fishing, but other commitments just keep getting in the way.

Windriver
[signature]
congrats on the great trip. I keep telling myself that I'll hit it that way one of these days. Keep us updated.
[signature]
What a great time. I had things come up last weekend after I decided to go. I am going this weekend if my wife gets her tooth pulled by another dentist as the 1st one couldn't get the job done. After a couple of kids in 3 years I am itching to get back to the steelhead.
[signature]
Right on Girl!
[signature]
Now we just need to get my wife hooked then we will be set!!!!
[signature]
FG tell MOJO to take a couple days off and come up. 3hr drive from poky.
[signature]
Will do! WHAT "S" has ice?
[signature]