Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashton stocker hole Report
We had a power outage at work so I ended up having 5 extra hours in my day. I decided to pick up my kindergartner and my youngest son for some afternoon fishing. We arrived at the Ashton bridge around 1:30 in the afternoon.

We were fishing with a green garlic marshmellow and a small piece of worm on a size ten hook twelve inches down from a barrel sinker and swivel on four pound test.

I wish I would have brought the waders and flyrod but I had my hands full watching my two boys and fishing with them. We caught 21 stockers by 2:40 and my son said his arm was tired from reeling them in. So after a very successful afternoon we packed it up and went home.

If you have kids who need to get into the fish I would take take them to the Ashton family fishery. We never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for bites.

Here are some pics

Windriver
[signature]
Lucas,

Some good looking sons you have there. Looks like they were having a good time.
[signature]
Great Pics,

Its great to watch kids bring in a fish. Good to hear they got tired of reeling them in. great day for sure.

match
[signature]
Took windrivers advice and headed down to ashton. I had a great couple of hours catching fish. Used my flyrod with a blue winged olive. Not a lot of size but for mid november it was sweet.
[signature]
Good to see you joined us. Were you the one standing in my hole when I arrived today? J/K[laugh]

After you left we caught about ten more on the worm and marshmellow. They were still hitting fast and furious when we left my kids had just had enough.

Windriver
[signature]