Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any info on abu silver max
i was planning on getting one and was wondering how well they worked, and what are there strengths, and or weaknesses
also i heard they cast really far, is this true or how do they cast, any info will help.

thanks and good luck fishing
[signature]
[#005000]If you check on your Combo Post, I believe that I advised you about the silver max! I have been using the silver max & black max all summer and it is a left handed reel! Please believe me I wouldn't want to steer someone in the wrong direction![/#005000]
[#005000]Dennis[/#005000]
[signature]
i was wondering more like what the specifics of the reel were, like cast ability and if there are any downsides
[signature]
I'm sorry miss understood the question! Well here is much as I know about the reel. Low profile Left handed. Mag Trax brakes,Duragear Brass gears, 6.2:1 High speed retrieve, Cam Lock, ADS ( anti distortion ) whiffle spool, Instant anti-reverse, Line capacity is 12/160 ( LB.test / yrds ) Weight: 7.86 oz.
Well that is enough of specs. as for me I had to learn all over again on fishing. I was out of it for over 20 years. But I bought this reel and rod and I found it to be easy and I love to cast using my right arm and reeling in with the left. No more switching arms after every cast. I hope this helps you to decide. I wouldn't want to steer you i the wrong direction!
Good Luck & Good Fishing
Dennis
[signature]
I am a big fan of Abu Garcia reels, especially the AmbasSador series. The SilverMax is a great reel for $60. It has the typical Abu Garcia smooth casting, limited vibration of the spool and smooth retrieves. I would definitely recommend this reels.
[signature]
thanks i think i will get it, but what do you mean by the typical abu cast
[signature]