Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get your Fishin' in Early @ Lake Mead ! 120 + degrees tomorrow!
Get your Fishin' in Early @ Lake Mead !

120 + degrees tomorrow! Whew!

I'm getting reports of nice early morning action and boils, and its all but over by 9 am . . .any reports? Cmon you lake mead fisher-peoples . . .

sm
[signature]
Hey guys. I'm going to be at Lake Mead next week from the 16-20. What is working there? I know that the basic thing for stripers is to chum with anchovies like at Lake Powell. What other species of fish live there? Could you guys give me some tips on catching anything besides striped bass?
[signature]
well the fishing is mostly happening in the mornings . . . most people are looking for the shad to get into the stripers topwater style . . .just throw a shad looking shallow running lure in the middle of a shad boil, and you'll get a strike every cast . . .

largemouth bass - id try plastics on the bottom . . look for any structure, you can see signs of underwater structure from the new shoreline we have now . . ledges, shoals, dropoffs, brush, ect

theres also panfish, catfish, and other warm water species - if all else fails put a worm and some lead on , fish the bottom, you'll prob catch something. . .

sm
[signature]
and let us know how you do!

[cool]

sm
[signature]