Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer hunting help
Hi, I am new to the site but have enjoyed reading posts for months.
After this year's deer hunt, my youngest daughter approached me and said, "I want to go deer hunting". What a proud moment indeed. I have experience hunting but not in Utah. I have hunted deer in Wisconsin and Idaho with some success but always enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.
Now, I need help. I have been researching the rules and such but could use some direction as far as where to hunt. The public land that I am familiar with (Farmington Canyon) doesn't look too promising as I have seen numerous ATV riders there regularly. Which leads me to believe the area is hunted heavily (am I correct). I am not seeking any one place in particular, but advice on where to find maps and data as to other areas open to public hunting.
If someone could point me in the right direction to get started for next year, it would be great. I am not looking to kill the next state record (although I wouldn't pass it up) but more a place to take my 13 year old daughter where she too can experience the thrill of the hunt and have the chance to see some game.

thanks for any info you can or are willing to share.
[signature]
I sent you a PM, hope the info will help you some.[cool]
[signature]