Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Before the Storm 11/11/09
[cool] I took the scenic route to work today so I could spend a couple of hours at Jordanelle/RockCliff. It looked like the last tubable fishing day this week with rain and snow expected.

I launched at 6:45, with the air temp at 38 degrees and water temp at 48 degrees. It quickly became apparent that I was overdressed for such balmy conditions. I had to leave my coat mostly unzipped all morning.

I covered a lot of water and found some interesting schools of fish, but I couldn’t get them to play. I didn’t have much time to figure them out, so I mostly just kept moving around an fishing with what I already had rigged up hoping something would happen - but it didn't. I trolled through and jigged down to some tight schools suspended in 45’-50’ of water that looked promising, but no. I would like to have had time to work them over more thoroughly, but work was calling and I was off the water by 9:00AM

I did manage to land one Micro-bow that saved the day. Not real productive, but sitting in my tube is always better than sitting in an office chair.
[signature]
Hey man, ITS ALL GOOD [Smile]
Just like you say- couple hours of tubing is better
then.............................
I wish I can do that before work. When Im working I have
to get up at 4:30 AM to be at work in LA by 6:00 AM,
thats get up, get ready, drive about 50 min. park, walk
to stage , coffee.................................
Not much time to fish before work.[Smile]
But, anyways, thank you for sharing.

Peter
[signature]
We didn't do much better Sunday. They just don't want to play this week.
My brother in-law caught some nice Pop gear[laugh]
[signature]
What is a "pop gear" ?

Peter
[signature]
[quote peter805]What is a "pop gear" ? [/quote]

Trolling bling! Like a polygamous spinner on steroids. . . .
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]We didn't do much better Sunday. They just don't want to play this week. [/quote]

Thanks for the feedback FG. What time of day did you fish?
[signature]
About 10 am to 1 pm
[signature]
Always fun to catch on a fly.[laugh]
[signature]
Hey, wait a second.[pirate] I've been waving around the long rods since before you were a pup.[blush] Just ask Dave and Larry over at NF. I've simply been learning some new methods this year is all.[Wink]

Its good to be well rounded dontcha know.[cool]
[signature]
Young pup? you can't be referring to me[blush]
[signature]
Calling you a young pup just makes me an old dog. . . .[:/]

Canine metaphores. That's just 'cause for the past 10 years I've been shooting ducks and training/competing retrieving dogs instead of fishing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you were able to get away for awhile, but sorry you didn't enjoy better catchin'. Shoulda been with me on Huntington. Yee haww.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suspect that the tightly bunched schools are perch entering their winter mode. They can be notoriously difficult to catch in Jordanelle. Sometimes you have to go micro fine and tip with waxworms. Other times you can use large jigs and a big chunk of perch meat. Like most fish they operate according to their own schedule...even if it ain't yours.[/#0000ff]
[signature]