Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing for cats
[cool]Sorry, folks. Couldn't resist. Figured the title of the post would grab a few "cataholics"...of the fishy kind.

Not much of a "cat person" (of this kind) myself. Well, actually I do like cats. They taste like chicken.

[Image: fishingforcats.jpg]
[signature]
Booooo

I thought we finally had a catfish posting [Tongue]
[signature]
Could you show us how you skin this type like you did on the other cats, that would be very interesting.
[signature]
[cool]Hey, poncho, I thought I had exclusive rights on the wise guy thing today, but I guess not. But, as the old saying goes, "There's more than one way...etc."

I would not dare attempt to give either written or pictorial instructions on this site for removing the fur from such a "beautiful" creature (YUCK). i'm just paranoid enough to fear that there are PETA types lurking everywhere...just waiting for the right motivation to vent their wrath on me. Of course, I'm just big enough and bad enough that if they tried, I would probably kick their "wrath" pretty good.

By the way, I didn't recognize the lure the angler used to capture that fine specimen. Do you suppose they sell them at Sportsmans?

Reminds me of when I was a (rotten little) kid. My sister had a kitten that I would drive absolutely nuts by casting a big fly (with the hook snipped off) out on the lawn. I found a great way to practice my casting and have some live action too. My favorite tactic was to lay the fly over the kitten and then lift it up and over, watching the kitten turn a backflip trying to catch it.

It's getting so dry down here in Arizona that we are looking for new types of fishing that don't require water. I do well on the abundant lizards with either terrestrials or even sand poppers. But, for snakes I have to switch to big hair-bodied mice or frogs. Every once in awhile I bag a bonus road runner or coyote. Man, they make your string sing.

Now, aintcha sorry you got me started?
[signature]
Them PETA types find a way to ruin good clean entertainment. O yea do you come with an off switch? [cool] Let there be rain.[angelic]
[signature]
[cool]There are those who think I am at least a little bit "OFF" all the time.

My favorite question about PETA is "Why do they pick on little old ladies in fur coats...and not bikers in their leathers?"

I keep doing my "rain dance" down here, but I must be doing it backwards. It is going to be 116 in the shade today...and there ain't no shade.
[signature]