Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rods for Soldiers program
[#0000ff]I'm posting this for Raymond Adams because I think supporting our troops is a worth while cause. Below are Raymonds words:[/#0000ff]

"A rod building club I belong to "The Texas Rod Builders" is having a raffle of 4 custom rods built by our members to raise $$ for our Rods for Soldiers program. The program provides free custom rods to returning Veterans and another group provides free guided fishing trips.
Each of the 4 rods is a seperate raffle and a $5 ticket gives you the chance to win that particular rod.
Raffle tickets can be bought on-line via PayPal and the drawing is Dec. 15th 2009 and if the winner is not local to Houston, TX the rod will be shipped free to the winner.
Pix and info for the rods and to buy raffle tickets [url "http://www.texasrodbuilders.com/rfs_raffle_rods"][#000000]http://www.texasrodbuilders.com/rfs_raffle_rods[/#000000][/url]

Thank You and Good Luck!

Raymond Adams
Snake River Rods"
[signature]
This is very much appreciated Wiperhunter!

I would like to assure everyone that this legit and above reproach. Every dime raised goes directly to the RFS program and the drawings are unbiased and random.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
[signature]
Thought I should say a little about the club.
The Texas Rod Builders was founded in early 2008 by a few guys trying to promote the craft of custom rod building through sharing similar to the old and long defunct "RodCrafters". One of the founders "Pat Helton" knew of another group (name escapes me now) who were providing fishing trips to wounded and returning Veterans so he built a custom rod for there cause and that blossomed into a complete program funded by the club's members. One of the local businesses "Fishing Tackle Unlimited" (FTU) caught wind of this and has become a valuable sponsor providing blanks & materials when they can.
A few other companys have also provided some assistance and are listed on the "Friends of TRB" page of our website.

Nov.11th is just one day a year and we feel like others that our Veterans (especially the wounded) deserve far more than just one day of recognition. We custom rod builders do what we do best and that's building rods of course.

We also have given a few "special rods" to Police Officers and Firemen who were injured on the job and could not return to duty.

Although the club is based in and around the Houston Texas area we have "Honorary Members" (like myself) all across the country and Australia. I happen to be in Sacramento, CA and my Dad is in Rupert, ID not far from the Utah border.

We are also active in other areas like cleaning up our water ways and community meetings having to do with our fisheries.

Thank You,
[signature]
A big THANK YOU to everyone who bought a raffle ticket or helped in any way (like allowing this thread)
The winners are..
[font "Arial"][black][size 2] [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][black][size 2]Ray Smith of PaSadena Texas….won the “Yellow Rose of Texas”!![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][black][size 2]Allen Pierce of Houston won Jim and Jerry’s Micro Spiral![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][black][size 2]Doug Williams of PaSadena won Doug Smiths Snake Rod![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][black][size 2]And Chuck Holmes won Alex Almarez’s Snake Rod!!

[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]