Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pine view in november???
[center]pine view in november,
[center] havent heard much about pineview anyone been
[center]there this month..
[center]
[center]over all how has it been in the past years...
[center]
[center]just thought i would try some place new this week
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Potentially one of the best times of the year. The power squadron has mostly disappeared and the fish are congregating in the standard deep spots, like at the narrows. If you have good sonar and the right lures and techniques, you can get a bunch of slab crappies, toad perch a few smallies and even a stray tiger or two...too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I posted a tubing report from last Monday and another angler added to it. Big crappies are showing up in numbers. You will find bajillions of them suspended at middepth over deep water near the dam. But, the most active biters are just off the bottom in 25 to 35 feet of water. Watch the sonar and put your jigs just above them. White and chartreuse jigs, tipped with perch meat or crawler are your best bets. The bite can be light so use a good sensitive rod and pay attention.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This pattern will hold up until ice covers the lake. Then you can catch fish through the ice in the same areas they were hanging out before iceup.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

If you fish the narrows this fall or winter, be sure to stay East of the buoys.
They have been moved out from the dam and right in the middle of the best place to ice fish. [IMHO]
You will be cited if you cross / fish West of the buoys.
This was done by the Feds to "protect" the dam.
[signature]
the buoy line was repostioned because they removed the wake less speed buoy at the mouth of the narrows, they did this to protect the dam face from waves of a few last season boaters, also in the past it is to the best of my knowledge that no one has ever been busted for fishing near, beyond or past the marker line during ice fishing season, finally the info was given to me by the dam care taker who works for weber basin water, forest and parks service has no control over the water other than inforceing boating laws and parks and rec laws[Smile] we will see ya on the other side [Wink]
[signature]
I hope/wish that you are correct.
My info came from the DWR.
They were asked to enforce the trespassing because of the wording in the Proc concerning Pineview.
Homeland Security had the buoys moved to protect the dam from terrorism attacks, like they have done at Flaming Gorge.
This is where the buoys will stay permenantly.
[signature]