Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The year in review..
I havent been to active on bft [been fishin too mutch] .But this morning after the snow came in it got me thinking... I think I had a good year, wacked some monsters and saw things that I have never seen before,fished lakes and streams that I have never been to. Some places I cant wait to get back to, others ...well you know how that goes.. So with that being said...HOW WAS YOUR YEAR!!! Sound off dont be shy....just go fish!!!!!!
[signature]
Had to wait 'till I quit crying & got my eyes dried enough to see the screen to reply. I didn't get out even 1/100 as much as I'd have liked to. I'm planning on retiring next spring & hope to remedy this situation.
[signature]
Great brag board idea!

The Gorge has been fruitful for us this year. I spent the last year improving on burbot catching techniques. We had so much success with almost every winter weekend spent on the ice. I was going through our pictures and counted over 550 burbot we landed this year. Unbelievable. It was a great year on the ice.

My next favorite experience was August 19th on the Gorge. A buddy and I were able to land 9 Macs over 25 pounds. That was nine each. We caught a handful of pups as well. The weather was windy, rainy, calm and sunny....a typical late summer on the Gorge.

I wished a could have fished a few more lakes like Strawberry, FL and Bear Lake some more, but you have to spend at least one or two weekends a year at home with the wife....Smile
[signature]