Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bragging rights
CALLING ALL FISHERMEN

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONES BEST CATCH THIS YEAR WAS AND ANY HONORABLE MENTIONS

SALT OR FRESH

PICTURES AREN'T MANDATORY BUT ENCOURAGED AND IF POSSIBLE TELL WHERE, WHEN AND HOW YOU CAUGHT THE FISH

I'LL START MY BEST THIS YEAR WAS BOTH A 17LB BLUEFISH CAUGHT NEAR POINT JUDITH RI ON A UMBRELLA RIG AND A 31/4 BASS CAUGHT IN A PRIVATE POND IN RI ON A 2 1/2 INCH GREEN TUBE ON 6 LB LINE MAN WHAT A FIGHT

SORRY DON'KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD PICS
[signature]
My best catch, not the biggest, was a 6lb. 6oz. largemouth during a club tournament, the first tournament of the year. She was caught at Quail Reservoir, Utah on April 4 2009. I got big fish of the year and angler of the year being the point leader. This makes it two years in a row for both!
She was caught on a jig with a Lake Fork Tackle Hyper Worm as a trailer in 25' of water.
[inline bigfishQuail3.jpg]
[signature]
nice one, so thants what one around that size looks like, im hopping to get one close to that size next year because aparently in the 3 acre pond i fish there is a 7 pounder
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] My best catch, not the biggest, was a 6lb. 6oz. largemouth during a club tournament, the first tournament of the year. She was caught at Quail Reservoir, Utah on April 4 2009. I got big fish of the year and angler of the year being the point leader. This makes it two years in a row for both!
She was caught on a jig with a Lake Fork Tackle Hyper Worm as a trailer in 25' of water.
[/quote]

NICE PIGGIE!!!! [Smile]
[signature]
Well here is my best catch of 2009. I got it on a Yum Crawbug texas rigged with a 1/4oz bullet weight. Put up a good fight. No sooner did i grab her my the lip the hook popped out and busted me right in the chops! Good timing! She was 21" and about 6 lbs or so.
[signature]
nice one, must have put up one heck of a fight, what type and strength tackle were you using
[signature]
She did put up a good fight! She shot under the boat and almost got wrapped up in my prop. She did get tangled up in my anchor line though. Luckily i grabbed her just in time before she was able to pull herself free.

I was using a 7'3" med/heavy power, Extra fast action Powell Max rod with a Diawa Exceller reel spooled with 12lb test. If you want a great rod check out the ones made by Powell. Cant go wrong there. Great rod and you can feel everything your lure hits.
[signature]
cool i think i will check them out and again nice catch
[signature]
my best catch was a 48.73 lb king mackerel. caught him out at st. simmons ga with a spanish rig
[signature]
awesome, wish i could catch something over 20, who knows maybe next year

happy thanksgiving to all and to all a full stomach
[signature]

Bass - two largies over 4 pounds and a couple dozen that topped 3... most caught on either 8 pound fluoro or 40 pound braid, my biggest tournament smallie this year was Sadly 2.24 pounds.

Overall - a 15 pound Northern on a 1/2 oz spinnerbait and 20 pound braided line
[signature]
nice, better than me for freshwater
[signature]
I only freshwater fish for trout. I landed a 5 lbs cutthroat this year on a leech pattern.
[signature]
nice, that must have been quite a fight
[signature]
I don't dabble in saltwater just yet. I sure spent a lot of time on the water, though! I keep a log of all my days on the water and I'm close to 300 hours for 2009 and just over 300 fish (all species). Last year, I worked 3rd shift and I had over 600 hours on the water and almost 450 fish.
[signature]
nice, im not sure what my hours were this year but my fish count was somewhere over 500, my best year so far with my biggest fishes of all coming this year, a good chunk of that was from one day when it was perfect, it was one of the last days of school and in 2 hours near dark i caught 32 bass/bluegills on my fly rod
[signature]