Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of fish did you first catch?
Just wondoring i caught a Bass when I was 10 years old
[signature]
Well first bass I ever caught was just over ten years ago. But first fish was when I was a kid. My dad would take me out after trout and crappie. So I would say trout.
[signature]
ya i would also have to say trout, i used to go fishing with my dad in a streem in the Berkshires in Mass. since before i remember
[signature]
the first fish i ever caught was a bass on a plastic frog, my uncle taught me how to fish, my dad was never a fisherman until i started so he had my uncle show us how to fish...i'm 14 now and that was way back befor i can remember
[signature]
Bluegills off grandpas dock useing pieces of hotdog and a bobber. Steel fishing rod with black nylon line. Welcome to BFT.
[signature]
I believe it was a trout.
[signature]
It depends on what you define a "bass" as in your poll. I'm assuming you mean black bass (ex. largemouth, smallmouth, spot, etc). The first fish I caught was a Striped Bass which is actually really more of a bass than a Largemouth or Smallmouth is. heh [cool]
[signature]
[Image: scaredworried.gif] pretty sure it was a crappie all I remember was bucket full of crappies But I think one of the first things I caught was my mom lmao....
[signature]
As for me it was a Pike/ Chain Pickerel. I was just bought my Zebco 202 from S&H Green Stamps and they had couple of spoons & hooks also 1 bobber. It was caught on a yellow with black spots soon, well that is all I can remember!
[signature]
My first was for sure a trout. And they have had my heart ever sense!
[signature]
Had to be a bluegill with a piece of bread
[signature]
Took my son out for the first time when he was 7, and he caught a nice 5 inch bass. My first fish were salmon, which me and my brother and cousins caught by"snagging" in Lake Michigan way back when. Those suckers brought in a pretty penny.
[signature]
Mine was a Brook Trout when I was 7. My dad was not much of a fisherman, we were camped at Halfmoon Lake near Pinedale WY. My brother and I were bored of trying the lake and not catching anything, My dad's tackle box had some things that were called Trout Nibbles (macaroni and cheese ? all dried out in a plastic container) marshmallows and various rusty lures, we walked up the hill where Pole Creek comes off the hill into the lake. There were these guys up there fishing, putting something on thier hooks and pulling out these little fish. I was younger than my brother, but much less shy. I walked up and asked one of the guys what they were catching them on, he said "night crawlers." "oh ok," I said, "what is a night crawler?" I asked. "worms," the guy said... "Worms! Cool I know what they are!!!" The guy pulled out his cigarette pack and put a half a dozen night crawlers in the cellophane... "here kid go get you some fish!"
And I did get some fish! I owe that guy so much... Still to this day when I see a kid or another person not catching anything, or asking me questions about what they are biting on, I do my best to put them on a fish!
Yea my first fish was a Brook Trout...
[signature]