Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southfork Snake river help
I will be going to Idaho next weekend for a family reunion and i would like to do some fishing up there. We are staying at the Heise Hot springs. Is this a good area to fish? What is the best to use on the Snake (flies, spinners, ect.) Any information would be helpful.
[signature]
bigger is better. the water is absolutely high water. it is blazing right now. i recommend finding a side channel and working it. the bite is quite slow and only had a few strikes out on the main river using kastmasters. unless your drifting it its quite hard to fish the main flow. when you get there youll see why. find a side channel fish it early morning and late evening. they were hitting one specific fly but since i wasnt fly fishign i didnt bother to identify it. hope this helps a bit. oh and the stone flys were just barely starting didnt see any action on them yet. about 6 hatches going at once but noticed the smaller fish liked one type of fly. thats as far as i saw for fly fishing.
[signature]
Thank for the information. Another question is there any special reg in this area that i need to be aware of?
[signature]
i didnt have the regs memorized so i looked them up for you.

6 fish limit and only 2 brown trout or cutthroat in the aggregate. none under 16"

these are regs for the water measuring cable in heise or dry beds area. there are a few exceptions on dry beds. and from measuring cable to paliSades.
[signature]
X-man,

Thanks for looking up the information for me.
[signature]
no prob,

good luck
[signature]