Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yellburt, nick, crappie,spots., 11-15-09, bassERT
pat an i put in at shellmound,just after daylight,an headed to hole number one.i hooked up on several yellow bass,pat caught some also.fianally,we got into some crappie,it seamed like,they stalled out so we took off to hole number two,an found it tough,we found a few,my largest being just shy of the tarp mark,we ended up at hole number three,we did well on the spots first an then found some specs,i dont know the water temp,due to the onboard fire that we had yesterday.while we were at hole number two we saw a guy fishing from the bank,an as we always do we said hello,well this dude was not talking ,so i kept after him an fianally he said in very broken ENGLISH,i from RUSSIA, no speaka english ,i looked at pat an said he aint from around here,well he saw us putting some spots in the well an when he caught a nice size spot,he walked over to us an let down the spot an gave it to us,we Smiled an waved,an then it hit me,i will fix this cat up a care package,so i went though all my b gs an put about 20 different colors an about 7 lead heads in a brown bag an went over an hooked it up on his minnow,an he was very happy,he then tied one on ,i dont know what color,but before we left,i saw him catch,one then,i told pat that dickey would be proud of me,i have ruined a RUSSIAN..LOL.i bet that guy poured his minnows out....pat will post some pictures,an add anything that i have left out.the color that worked for me,was,opening night,with a little tail light,also i rubbed alittle chartuse dip along the belly.an most of mine were on the bottom.18ft or better.water was down about 2ft,seamed to do alittle better with some currentemoUSA the big crappie of the day weighed one pound an 12 oz.an i almost forgot the small mouth that pat caught.it was a mean one..emoUSA