Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-pound bow at the Berry
[url "http://blogs.sltrib.com/fishing/index.php?p=5905&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1"]The Tribune [/url]has a short blurb about an elderly lady who caught a 10-pound rainbow at Strawberry on a fly rod, that broke when she was reeling it in.
[signature]
Crazy!! Looks like a cut to me but the pic isnt great. Nice fish regardless!!
[signature]
Great story and happy for that elderly lady.
[signature]
Cold weather fishing, A broken rod, to reel in a nice slab that's one hard core granny there Kudos !!!
[signature]
It's a bow. Look at the pectoral and pelvic fins. They're not orange or pink. They're gray or green.

Rainbow trout
Pinkish lateral stripe on sides
Many small, irregularly shaped spots on head, back and most of body
Often lack bright color, but occasionally
have some coloration under jaw
Pelvic and anal fins translucent pink to gray-green and tipped in white

Bear lake cutthroat trout
Steel gray to bronze side color
Few spots on or near head
Few large, round spots scattered on sides and back, often concentrated near tail
Orange slash under jaws often faint or absent
Pelvic and anal fins opaque and deep orange

From the Utah 2009 Fishing Guide
[signature]
Heay....who you calling a Granny!!!!! How do you know that isn't ME! LOL
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Heay....who you calling a Granny!!!!! How do you know that isn't ME! LOL[/quote]

LOL My bad but the article said she was 84....[Wink]

I didn't think you were 84 you don't look 84 but umm OK[Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink] ....
[signature]
That's a great story, ya gotta love it.

Goddess - is this like looking into the future and seeing yourself still catching the bigguns whenever they'll let you out?
[signature]
I like the "whenever they let me out line"
Sad thing is, it is not that far away, and it is great to see what I will still be able to do is I stay in good health.
A goal!!!!

By the way that fish had to be pushing the 30" mark. A friend caught a 27" at H this year that scaled at 8+ lbs and IT WAS THICK!!!
[signature]
A women caught a 28 lb rainbow on the Snake near Blackfoot . I wish you men would learn how to fish.Best I can do is a 9.5 lb Cutthroat.
[signature]