Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best...
...bait any of you have found for imitating bluegill/bream/shellcrackers and bringing out big bass?

I have heard the Jackall Giron is great as well as certain jigs. Has anyone used the JG and had success?

Thanks in advance,
BZ
[signature]
I use the JG and have good luck with it for pike. Never actually tried it with bass yet though. Im a hardcore plastic and rapala guy when it comes to bass. Next year i will throw it for bass a few times and see what i come up with.
[signature]
Being unfamiliar with Pike as far as fishing them, what is a good fish and what is a big fish and what of those sizes are you catching on the JG Bigguy?

P.s. Sorry for my lack of pike knowledge [cool]
[signature]
In my experience any pike 24" or over seem to put up a good fight. Once you get into the 30" range they start to pull like a truck. With the jg i usually get pike anywhere in the 10" to 32" range. Keep in mind i was using this bait right at ice off when they were in shallow water 1' to 5'. I also had alot of luck if not more with the River2Sea S-Waver. Check that bait out. It swims in a rather large S pattern. Awesome bait.
[signature]
Does that River2Sea S-Waver have good weight to it?
[signature]
Yeah its a fairly heavy lure at over an ounce. You can really launch it our there with a good baitcaster. Here is a link to the webpage for the S-waver so you can get more info on it.

[url "http://www.river2seausa.com/t/swaver.html"]http://www.river2seausa.com/t/swaver.html[/url]
[signature]
Best Lure by far is the Kevin Van Dam Swim Jig in the Bluegill Color. Just put a strike king rage tail trailer on it and you will catch bass.

I caught nice bass all summer long last year by swimming it through trees, pitching it to docks, rocks, etc.

definitely pick up a couple
[signature]
You will find there are many swim baits that imitate bluegill/shad/shell cracker. Go to your nearest Bass Pro shop that provide different selection.
[signature]