Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 cow elk tags still available!
There are 6 landowner cow elk permits still available for an 880 acre property in Spanish Fork Canyon. This is an excellent area full of animals. There have already been several elk taken this year, with plenty more to go around. The landowner is selling the permits for $500 each, and the hunt still has two and a half months to go!
Let me know if you are interested.
[signature]
OUCH! You can tell the owner that's a bit pricey (in my opinion) for a cow tag.
[signature]
That's actually about $100 less than average. Usually these tags are sold out every year, but these remaining 6 tags were held for some people who never came to pick them up. So now they are up for grabs.
[signature]
It seems a bit steep to me too. I have been offered land owner cow tags for $250 -$400 for 4 different locations. At banquets this past summer and last spring, there were several auctions given by the DWR and private land owners given hunters 2 cow tags. Those auctions averaged $700.

FYI
[signature]
i get mine for 200 bucks. and last night i filled it. drove up to hana arived at 4 pm walked up to the feild 2 min walk. lol sat down in a pile of old stumps. 30 min later i poped her. drove the truck right to her. tuff hunting.[Wink]
[signature]
The auction at the RMEF in Ogden last Sat. night sold a cow tag for next year for any public land area in the state for $300.00, If the wife wasn't so damn successful during our archery hunts in Utah for a spike or a cow I would have bid on it. The Central Manti bull elk any weapon hunt went for $7500, dirt cheap for that hunt but more than I can afford.
[signature]