Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview with ParrMark
[cool][#0000ff]Weather forecast was doable for a shot at Pineview today so fellow tuber ParrMark and I did a late morning launch at the narrows. He has a tube cart too so we were both able to get our tubes and gear down that short nasty hill in fine fashion.

Got launched at the crack of 10 AM. Air temp 29 and water temp 43...down 4 degrees from last week. Won't be long til hard deck time.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I had planned to have Jesse start at one of my honey holes not far from the launch spot. The crappie fishing on Pineview from a tube in the fall is all new to him. But, the "regulars" in their boat had beat me to it and were working over my fish. Saw them catch a couple. One of them asked if I was that TubeDude feller...the one who writes all in blue letters. I admitted I was and asked what his BFT handle was. He sheepishly admitted that he had never registered...that he just read the reports. Nice guy though. Let me know the crappies had moved out and were holding in 45 to 50 feet of water. That is about 10 feet deeper than last week.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Jesse and I worked up along the north bank, looking for active fish. Saw lots of fish on sonar but none of them wanted to play. So, Jesse kept going east along the north shoreline and I kicked across to the south shore. This time of year it is in the shade all the time and much cooler. The steady breeze didn't make it any warmer. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Saw grundles of fish out in deeper water...up to 63 feet deep. Not as many suspended at middepth this week. Finally got into the 45 foot water along the south shore and found some dinkster perchies. Nasty little buggers kept pounding my jigs as soon as I got down. Probably caught a hundred today, along with a very few over 8 inches. Biggest was just over 10 inches.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Right about noon somebody rang the dinner bell for the crappies. I caught one and lost another...and Jesse announced over the walkie talkie that he had lost one too. I saw the guys in the boat bring one in about the same time. They were really holding on to my spot so I gave up on it. They finally left and swung around over by me to check my results. At that time I had 3 crappies and they had only caught 12 for the 3 of them, and several were really small. But you can't release them because they float.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Jesse had a commitment that required that we leave the water earlier than we might normally depart. Wouldn't you know it. Just as we were coming up on the preset quitting time, I started putting crappies in the basket. I had just switched colors and started using a fire tiger Ultra Minnow jig head with a piece of perch meat. Within a half hour I caught my two biggest perch and five more crappies on the fire tiger. Then the west wind kicked up a bit and we agreed we should get across the lake and pack it up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I finished with 8 crappies, from 10 to 13 inches. Most were cookie cutter 11 inchers. Jesse got a lot of exercise and some new experience. Unfortunately he did not get the slabs dialed in on this trip. But, we both believe that he will next time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I can't relate to your lake(s)... but I LOVE reading your reports... and thoroughly enjoy looking at the pictures! [Image: eusa_clap.gif]
[signature]
Nice slabs. Now you got me thinkin pineview in the spring.[cool] Hope you were able to convince the boater to sign up on the board rather than just hang around doing nothin. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Didn't seem to bother him much when I referred to him as a blankety blank LURKER. Like a lot of folks he chooses to stay out of the mainstream of the chitchat but enjoys our posts. That's cool. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I go a lot of places where people recognize me from my pics on the board and admit that they are not members. At least we have a GOOD reputation. Plenty of the other kind out there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am hoping to get in some good tubing for crappie during the spring fling next year. This past year they were just getting started around the brushy areas and a series of storms came through. They never did really school up like a "normal" year.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I don't think that this was a normal year for much of anything this year.[:/]
[signature]
Great report Pat. Thanks for a fun day - even if all I could produce was dink Perch.

I still think my problem was the absence of a sandwich. I've since stocked up on peanut butter and honey so I'm ready for the next round![Wink]

I'm gonna be in Idaho Falls Thursday/Friday this week. I don't even get to wet a line - dang!.[shocked][:/]

I took this pic of Tubedude and his fine catch of the day. I think he's a bit camera shy. That, or he's concerned the authorities might make a positive ID.[:p]

[Image: TubedudesTake.jpg][/img]
[signature]
"I still think my problem was the absence of a sandwich. I've since stocked up on peanut butter and honey so I'm ready for the next round!"

[cool] [#0000ff]You might be right about the sandwich. I caught my first crappie the first time I tried to take a bite of my sandwich and several of the others came the same way.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It happens often enough that fish bite when you are eating or tinkering with tackle...or otherwise occupied...that it has become a standard joke with some of us. "Fish aren't biting so I guess I better get out my sandwich". And I can't begin to remember how many times I have gotten my first fish of the day as I munch the first bite.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, then again, at my age, there are a lot of things I can't remember.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Maybe by eating a sandwich you are telepathically inducing the fish to bite?[laugh]

Next time I eat when fishing, I'll be sure to chow down with gusto! There might be sumpthen to this. . . .
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Makes as much sense as the so-looney tables.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did you go anyplace Friday?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Will you be out of town on Wednesday this next week, or open to "something"?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah, Friday I eneded up just heading down to Utah Lake for a while. I was curious to see what I might be able to make happen. I tried the Knolls for a couple of hours. I launched at 9:30AM. Water and air temp were both at 42 degrees. I had one bump-drop-pickup-miss episode with a kitty fish right off the bat, but that was it. I worked my way down past the rocky point and back. I was in the mood to do some exploring, so I headed down to Lincoln Beach for a couple more hours. I fished around the "L" and picked up a few whities, but no kitties. I fished from 3' to 10' in depth. Where would you guess they might be?

It appears to me I'm in a fishing slump. Gotta to sumthen to shake off this funk. . . . Prolly just learn to better adapt to changing conditions. [Wink]

As far as Wednesday, it looks like I have to be in the office in the afternoon. Thinkin' I may hit Deer Creek in the morning however. You wonna come along?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I haven't fished Utah Lake for a while. No guesses as to where the kitties might be. But, in years past I still catch them off the flats at Lincoln Beach and at Lindon in about 5 or 6 feet of water just before iceup and right after iceup. Every year is different.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I can't get away early Wednesday but thought I might do an afternoon dunk at Pineview if anything.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Have a good T-Day and check in for next week when you get back. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like we are planning the Tackle Craft session on Saturday afternoon Dec. 5th.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Happy T-Day all around!
[signature]
Good to hear about the tackle craft session, but too bad I am out of town.[frown] Well maybe next time.
[signature]