Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elk hunt pics!
Finally got enough time to post the pics from the hunt including the one of 2 elk in an outback! The first pic is of the sunrise behind the Tetons all the way across the valley. Next is just a nice picture of the area we often hunt west of Dubois. The 3rd is a wolf track next to my size 11 1/2 boot track. Also included some of the deer on a ridgeline that i thought were elk from 1500 or so yds away (or more, who knows). the last 3 are me with the cow elk I shot, the 2 elk in the back of my subaru, and me folding the end of the tarp in to shut the hatch on them. So yes, you can get 2 elk in the back of an outback. However, if you have a large cow or a bull I'm sure you'd overload the suspension if you put more than one in there!
[signature]
ah them are just babys! congrats man.
[signature]
Priceless[cool]
[signature]
lol when i read the first report i was thinking they were boned or something. they always say after you shoot is when the work begins but that brings it to another lvl. how was the aftermath? looks like you had them wrapped pretty good. did you get blood all over
[signature]
That's going to be some awesome eating! Here's a pic of the girl I got last week w/ the muzzleloader. Floated her down the river 3/4 of a mile and still brought her home whole. Not sure if I could have got her in your car.
[signature]
No, no blood on the car at all. It was all contained within the tarp. But since they were fielddressed before hand there wasn't much blood to worry about. As for Avery's elk (nice big cow btw), you could get it into the back of the car if you fold the legs or cut them off at the knees. First one I put in there was about that size and it was a bit trickier. Doable, and enough room to stack a 2nd one (barely), but it would way overload the recommended payload!

Glad to hear that others are doing well this season as well.
[signature]
Your right - if there's a will there's a way! A friend has a story about putting a couple elk (quartered) in his Jeep. Snowed a couple feet and they came out with all 4 tires chained but took them several days to get out. Got home and couldn't get the meat out because it was frozen and locked into place. Ended up cutting up the meat and the seats to get it out. To hear him tell to story is funny !
[signature]
[quote Belasko]The 3rd is a wolf track next to my size 11 1/2 boot track. [/quote]

Way to go! Thanks for sharing. In case you are wondering, that is a small wolf track. I've seen nearly twice that size. Now go get you one.[Smile]
[signature]