Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT

[signature]
Any pole will. The thing about the Tenkara, like any other rod, is the taper. They are built for this...
Plus the fact they fold up to about a foot long. They are light and balanced, again, this is what they are made for, the Crappie....no, but sure you could attach a string to the end. I probably could with my 13' Spey.
I got a 10' bamboo pole as a joke from Wally world with one guide at the tip of the pole. No reel seat or even a handle......$10. It would work[crazy]
And it is BAMBOO[sly]

You and also add dental floss to the tip of any rod, attach a fly and bounce it off the surface.
[signature]
Crappie pole would work just fine. Having lived in the South for almost ten years, I had my share of crappie poles. They have the kind that telescope down as well. No reel, just add line to the tip eyelit and fish on! Plus, like you said, they are a LOT cheaper! We used to use them for deep jigging brush piles for crappie at Kentucky Lake. They really helped you feel the light bite of the crappie.

-Rich
[signature]
not my style of fly fishing- but certainly would be very effective on certain types of water. The rods have been designed for this and though a crappie pole would work- you would be doing it half- arsed. At least the crappie poles I have used would be more tiring . I can remember years ago when I worked for a guy building mink sheds- he had a creek running thru his back 40 that he said if I could use what I had at the present time I could fish it at lunch times otherwise no go. I had about 12 feet of mono in my truck and a eagle claw #6 bait hook. I tied 10 ft of mono to the end of a willow branch and he had dead deer across the highway. I tied a muddler minnow sort of out of a chunk of deer hair with the rest of the mono. Caught browns on that all summer long.
[signature]
Thanks PACK. I have never used a Crappie Pole so no judge at all other than the weight.
I have picked one up and it is heavy.....as you say, could be taxing.
I also got a chance at a Tenkara....MAN they are so light specially the tip.
It is true, us as intelligent human beings and very resourceful can make anything work (your fly) but, It is very easy to do things right with the right equipment, and that is all I am going to say.
[signature]