Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tiger Riddle?
my first question is the perch population at pineview?

Thru my own surveys at the lake the perch are larger in the past few years, but less prevalant.In past years The perch where quit bothersome. they became known as skippers to us. While trolling for tigers we would snag or hook perch all the time. Leading to a small fish bouncing off the surface 200 feet behind the boat.

let me not get to ahead of my self here.in the last 2 years I have not hooked one perch while fishing for tigers! This directly coinsides with UTAH DWR continuing tiger plants. They did not plant them for a couple of years due to inabilaty to get fry or they where debating over the rebuiling of the damb. Can not quit remember.

This all brings me to my point! Smaller tigers are back, perch popultions are gaining size, but less numbers. My theory is small tigers eat the perch. While larger tigers are after carp and smallmouth. Where have all the bigger smallmouth gone? there is an aboundance of small S.M. in the narrows right now, but the larger ones are far and few between. The tigers ate there supply in the narrows and are eating in different areas.That is why you can catch them near swimmers this year. That is a different story for another time.

Just a few hints to the riddle of tigers. It is late and sorry for poor grammer. It happens! this is all open for debate.[url]
[signature]