Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JORDANELLE 7-10 EVENING
WAS ON THE RESEVOIR AT 5P TILL 9P.
WITH LIMITED TIME WE DECIDED TO TARGET PERCH IN THE BAY JUST NORTH OF THE MARINA. USED SMALL TUBES IN RED/WHITE AND YELLOW/WHITE TIPPED WITH PERCH. IT WAS NON STOP ACTION. CAUGHT ABOUT 40 (15 KEEPERS 8-11"). WHILE FLIPPING THE SMALL TUBES ON ULTRALITE GEAR CAUGHT 3 RAINBOWS, 1-16" AND 2-18" AND 1 SMALLIE 11". THE RAINBOWS WERE GREAT BATTLES ON THE ULTRALITES. LOTS OF FUN FOR A FEW HOURS. ALL FISH WERE CAUGHT IN BRUSH AND SUBMERGED TREE STRUCTURE.
[signature]
Hey Gots2fish,

Sounds like you had a good time. I am taking the family up tomorrow morning after the Perch. Was you in a boat or on shore? I will be on shore.
[signature]
KIDSNME
I WAS IN THE BOAT BUT THE BAYS AROUND THE MARINA ARE FULL OF PERCH. IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE TOUGH USING A JIG FROM SHORE AROUND BRUSH. I WOULD TARGET ROCKY POINTS OR USE A JIG UNDER A BOBBER AROUND BRUSH. THEY SEEM TO BE CONCENTRATED NEAR THE BOTTOM SO YOU MIGHT EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR JIG AT DIFFERENT LEVELS. IF YOU FIND THE RIGHT METHOD I'M SURE THE KIDS WILL KNOCKEM DEAD.
[signature]
Gots2fish,

Thanks for the info. I promise that i will do all i can to help reduce the Perch over-population problem.

Kidsnme
[signature]
Nice report gots2fish. I wanna head up there some time this weekend. I'll have to try that as well. All of mine have been caught on nightcrawler or rubber worm on the bottom. But they are stacked in those bays in some serious numbers. Good to hear you had a great time. Will you be going on the 1st and 2nd to jordanelle? Hope to see you there.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I'm heading up tomorrow at the same time of day that you were there. I'll be in a canoe out in those same bays too. Were you using a fish finder to mark the schools and find the structure or were you just looking for where the bushes came up out of the water? I don't have a fish finder, so that's why I was wondering. How deep were you fishing? How far off shore? Etc...

I'm taking a buddy up there that is going out for his first time. So I'm hoping to show a begginer some action.

-Jack
[signature]
[cool]I would recomend the marina bay,right behind store,there is a little bit of sand if you walk down right behind it,the reserved boat dock would be a good place to fish if you have a canoe or float tube,just use a bare 1/8 oz jig head with a worm cast it out 10 ft off shore and you will catch them all day.I know because when I went to get ICE,there was some people catching them right there.

switch over to perch meat so you dont have to rebait so much.

good luck.

Tony[cool]
[signature]