Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
abu revo s or shimano citica???
which is better? going to buy a new baitcaster and narrowed it down to these two. any suggestions?
[signature]
i have the same delema as you , i have pretty much narrowed it down to the Abu revo s though, check the reviews on basspro.com but from what ive heard it sounds pretty good, good casting good capacity, alum frame and good breaking system

good luck and happy thanksgiving
[signature]
ok thanks for the help. ill go check it out, happy thanksgiving and good luck to you too
[signature]
just to let you know, i was at walmart and was able to hold a revo s and all i could say is wow, it feels solid, just enough weight to make it not felt like it will fall apart and it was so smooth i almost couldn't tell i was turning the handle
[signature]
The Shimano Citica 200 E Series is built upon the same platform as the Curado E Series which means a lower profile, reduced weight and compact size. The Citica E also enjoys the same high spool capacity as the Curado E Series and with Super Free technology built into this reel you will need every yard of line for long casts. The Citica E features five ball bearings and HEG Gearing for smooth power and torque. The Citica E still retains it's economical price but boasts a ton of features you would only expect to find in high-end reels.

Abu Garcia is starting a revolution with the new REVO series of low-profile baitcast reels, the fastest low-profile reel Abu Garcia has ever designed. The tough REVO is packed with innovative features, including a Duragear oversized brass main gear for maximum cranking power and the innovative Carbon Matrix Drag System for incredible smoothness across all drag settings. Built tough with Abu Garcia's traditional Swedish engineering, the REVO is ideal for nearly all freshwater applications, from casting crankbaits or spinnerbaits to pitching and flipping softbaits.
[size 1]Side A[/size] [url "http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageRLCABUGAR-AGRS.html#"][Image: AGRS-thumb.jpg][/url] [size 1]Front[/size] [url "http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageRLCABUGAR-AGRS.html#"][Image: AGRS-fr-thumb.jpg][/url] [size 1]Side B[/size] [url "http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageRLCABUGAR-AGRS.html#"][Image: AGRS-sd-thumb.jpg][/url]
Reel Specs Revo SBearings: 8BB/1RB
Line Cap: 12/140

Both are entry level baitcasters. The cool thing is the technology is getting better.

Don't get caught up in the brand wars or user loyality. Test drive them both. One may fit you better than the other.

[signature]
You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with negative comments on either reel. The new Citica's are 7.8 oz which is about as light as you're going to get for $120. I'm big on weight reduction when it comes to rods and reels as it helps with sensitivity.
[signature]
I'm kinda behind the times for this post but if you haven't bought you new reel yet I just wanted to let you know that I have the Citica and I really like it. I haven't really got to use it much because I bought it at almost the end of the Utah bass fishing season and just before all the lakes froze over. But for the time I have gotten to use it I was able to tell its a really solid reel. I landed 4-5 Tiger Musky on it that were all around 30 inches and it preformed flawlessly. This summer I plan to put it through its paces and I think I will hold up just fine. Its really smooth and casts really nicely. Never owned a Abu but I always year great things from people that do have them. Good luck deciding if you haven't already.
[signature]