Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me, Grandson, & Bud & friend, 7-11-03
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center][center][#ff0000]week ending July 12[/#ff0000][/center]

Hi again folks,

Went to the almighty Weber again with my grandson and Bud about 1/3 up from Echo and Rockport and had another good day. I happen too think this is a wonderful river to teach some fly fishing to a newbe, especially nymphing. Caught 2 zillion whites (maybe a little less) and a good size brown. We're baby sitting another young golden, took him with us, and he's sacked out on the floor now. It sure is a pleasure getting a young person out on the river to share my experience, especially when they catch fish and enjoy!

[Smile][Smile][Smile]Leaky
i thought it was the weber and the almighty BUD !?!

we always love hearing about the adventures!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
Naaaaaah! Bud is jus my Bud! All important though! Can't ask for a better friend!

Leaky
[signature]
So do you keep any of those whites leaky? I hope so for the sake of that river. I have never seen so many whitefish as of lately.
[signature]
Xman,

Whenever I keep any fish for myself, they are whities!!!!!!!!! They are sooooooooo much better eating!!!!!!!!! Occasionaly I'll keep a trout for someone else. Need to get some more folks over whitie biases to help thin out. I'm serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've converted lots of friends and neighbors. My new fishing buddy totally agress with me and only keeps the whities also!

[crazy]
Nice report Leaky, thanks for sharing.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Nice report. What do those whitefish taste like?

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
loanfish,

Come on now, have you ever tried to explain taste to someone else? Well------------ mild, not oily , medium firm/soft texture like trout? You need to try it yourself. I ask my wife and she says it tastes like fish!

Leaky
[signature]
Thats funny you put it like that! My brother told me the same thing. "How in the heck is he gonna describe the taste of a fish to you"?[crazy] So I'm guessing its similar to trout right. Its not white meat! sorry didnt realize how dumb of a question that was till my brother pointed it out to me.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
loanfish,

Still don't know how to explain except that it is white meat and it tasts different than trout. Milder/stronger???? You either like it or not.[unsure][Tongue][laugh] I gues it depends on how good your taste buds are. My wife can't tell the diference but she can't tell the difference between most fish.

Leaky