Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Friday Evening and Sat Morning
My oldest son and I headed up to Henrys on Friday afternoon. We got to our intended hole only to find that someone else was already there. So we set up in another spot and ended up catching five fish with three of them being brooke trout and the other two small hybrids.

Then we set up camp in the command post. It was only 6:30 when we were done fishing and setting up so we decided to go to West Yellowstone for dinner. Go back around 8:30 and went to bed. The ice started expanding and popping about 2:30 in the morning it was an awesome sound as it sounded like hundreds of dry sticks snapping and then whales talking back and forth. Everything was going smoothly until 4:00AM when the wind came up and violently shook the tent. Finally got up around 5:30 and decided to go drill holes. My auger was having problems so I only got four holes drilled before it completely died. Luckily I drilled in the right spot. We ended up catching 23 fish before 10:00AM There were a good mix of brookes, cutts, and hybrids. We didnt get anything big but it was a fun morning anyhow. The wind never did let up and we were very windburnt by the time we left. All fish were caught on white paddle bugs with mealworms.

This might be my last report for a while as my schedule seems to be getting very full in Dec.

Windriver
[signature]
Sounds like one heck of an outting. Still hope to make it up there tomorow, but it'll be afternoon if I do.
[signature]
If you get out fish right until dark. We have been getting a good bite between 4-5:15PM.

Windriver
[signature]
There is nothing better than camping on the ice with your son; the fishing is even more phenomenal when you crawl out from a sleeping bag to do it.

Your schedule may be full, but I expect a report from Rexburg Pond; this is the year that I have a warm bucket of water to catch and keep the elusive gold fish!

OvidCreek
[signature]
A lot of fish were planted in the Rexburg Ponds just before ice on. I believe 1,400 It should be VERY fast ice fishing this year and a perfect place to take your kids!!
[signature]
Thanks for the information Everet!

OvidCreek
[signature]
Maybe this year I will camp on the ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Everett. I can get over there for a couple of hours.

Windriver
[signature]