Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Henry's Report for 2009
Well, I did make it up to Henry's today, but not until the afternoon. My wife wasn't feeling too well so I got to take the munchkin w/ me. Once he saw me getting ready he wasn't taking no for an answer. I almost forgot his coat as I left and had to come back for it after getting some bait. Then as I reached Lorenzo I realized I had forgotten my coat! I managed to get ahold of my wifes grandparents though and was able to borrow a coat from them as I passed through Ashton. Got up there right at 3 pm. Headed out and talked to a nice gent that gave me an incredible health history but little info on what the fish were biting. He said he'd been there since 9 am and had 1 hit. 2 other guys were near him and he said they hadn't had any luck either. Went off by myself and set up. Not 5 minutes later my little one wants to go home. I note he stinks so off we go to the car and get him changed. We then head to a slightly different spot (same area) and try again. He makes it 10 minutes and says "the wind is here! I want to go home!" We move in towards shore and I get 5 minutes before he's begging to go home. We ended up settling on him sitting in the car (about 50 yds away at this point) which he is happy w/ once he found the trail mix w/ m&m's. Igo out and find a nice size trout checking out my green paddle bug! I'm watching him through the ice bumping my jig, circling it, nudging it. It even opened it's mouth a few times like it was going to strike then it would back off. After about 3 minutes of taunting me it left. I didn't have any further luck of any kind. I did get to see a pretty sunset though and found that my new ice auger works superbly! Next time though I think I'll leave the little one at home if I'm driving that far for ice fishing, at least until he's bigger.

The pic is a panoramic I stitched together starting on the left looking just left of Sawtelle then going 180 degrees to the right and ending looking towards the north shoreline. The Sunset was definately worth seeing.
[signature]
Wow great picture, I just love it. Sorry your luck was not so good. I have had those experiences with my kids as well. Just be patient and it will get better. The part about the guys health history had me laughing hard.

Windriver
[signature]
That is a great picture. I had to come back and get my bait also. On Thursday my 3 year old stepped in a hole ( to his hip) that we were using after being at Henrys an hour. Pulled of the wet sock and the other one was mostly dry. Put a plastic bag on the foot and put it back in the boot. He was good for another hour. We drove to another spot and dried his sock and liner on the way. He only did it once as a 2 year old in 5 trips last year. I have a big shelter coming so that will help keep him warm. I also use a tub sled when he goes that has a couch cushion in it that he rides on then sleeps on when he is tired with a heavy blanket. I usually have a stove or thermos for something hot.
[signature]