Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WLG, Chickamauga, TARP Blue Catfish and TARP Crappie, 11-28-2009, Monstercat
Me and Troy got out for a nice day of fishing yesterday.We were looking for crappie first of all for a fish fry yesterday evening. We did find enough for a good mess. We took 10 home for the frying pan. emoHungry The fish were in a VERY finiky mood to say the least. Some of the bites were sooo light...youd have thought your jig just stopped moving..or maybe just barely bumped something. Most were taken right off the bottom in about 15 ft of water. The quantity wasnt all that great...but the quality was. I had 2 TARP crappie yesterday...one 14 inch and one 14 1/8 inch!! Most of the others were 12 and 13 inchers!! We of course had to try out the catfishing...and first fish in the boat was a 30 lb blue....which Troy landed masterfully!!!( see attached video)..and the next one was a 25 lb blue landed by yours truly!! Its was a beautiful day and man we sure had some fun. It was 31 degrees when we put in at 7.30 am. I just love the looks you get when you stop and get gas and the people behind the counter see you with the boat behind the truck and its freezing outside!!! LOL They always have to ask.." Yall aint goin fishin are you??"...... I lOVE IT!!! Water temp was 55 for those intrested!!<br /><br />Here's the link to the video!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUh1NMsDVU