Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walked on the island at Willard today.
Wiperslayer and I fished the Bay today from 6am to 11:30am caught 3 wipers and one walleye. The island is out of the water so we took a stroll on it to see how many lures we could find. The island is about 70 yds long and all rock and mud, no tires. They are pumping the water out the channel so fast it looks like a river flowing down stream toward the pump house. The channel was deep enough to get out just fine just stay on the left(west) side of the buoy but the marina is a different mater, keep your motor up or you will be kicking mud up or worse. Not a lot of people out there today but it was a nice day at the Bay. WH2
[signature]
sorry that last one was from me
[signature]
I was surprised to not find a single lure, I'm not sure if someone else had been out there before we got there but other than a sign and the buoy, that was all we found. They say they are drawing the water down for the farmers but I've never seen them do it before, so who knows for sure. Unless they dredge the marina it won't be long now before only people with small boats can launch. WH2
[signature]
Low water is the price we pay for everybody's green lawn. I don't know about you but I would much rather go fishing than have to cut that [url "mailto:*@#$"]*@#$[/url] lawn.
[signature]
Did you take any pics?
No I did not take a picture but the next time I'm there I will, good idea. WH2
[signature]