Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview (report)
Fished Pineview today . All I can say is that I think the Smallies are replacing the perch . Lots of small ones but did manage a few nice ones on topwater . I think my biggest is about 18" and it was a toad . My biggest smallie so far in Utah . Still want a 20" + smallie . Might have hooked a muskie but line broke . That a good one eh !!!!!!!! Like we haven't heard that line before . One day , you see I will have one , but I got the Xman curse I believe . LOL . Caught only 30 fish due to full moon effect , and most caught on jigs and lures . Did have a muskie come at me with his head out of the water . Cruise about 30 ft and I move my rod and he went under . Got to about 10' in front of me . Cool !!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I want to give pineview a try from my tube. Never been before. Wheres a good place to fish for smallies? Sounds like the action is hot. Are you still using your buzzbait and/or senkos to catch the fish? What works for you and what time of the day.

Sorry for all the questions but hopefully with your help I could catch a few. Besides the fishing at I-80 pond has dried up on me. I've been skunked the last 3 times I went. Told you it wouldn't last. I hear it's probably the heat so I won't try again until it cools of a bit.

Thanks,

Al
[signature]
Smallies can be found in the rocks . You might be disappointed as most fish are small . Up by the dam (narrows) is good but can get crowded . This is my first year fishing Pineview (except thru the ice ) and has taken me a long time to find the bigger fish . Try fishing there at first light . Baits change every time I go but senkos and jigs are working . Topwater buzzs and others work good too . Try them all , I do . I must of change lures about 50 times . Last weekend they were hitting alot better . I just put new 10# mono line on last weekend and it is shot now . Must be all the heat , sun and rocks . Time to respool . Oh yeah , I never even got the float tube out . Fished it from shore . Water has dropped another 2 feet . I think it is lower than it was with ice on it last winter . If not it will be soon .
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I might try it tonight. Do you have to pay to get in or is there an area you can pull off and park?
[signature]
Hey hustler we might head out there as well this evening. I'ts there or jordanelle. I've gotta satisfy my bass fix![sly]When are you going?

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
hey al there are several spots around the the lake where you can park and walk down to the water free of charge if you decide to try the narrows by the dam there is a spot that is a easy walk down and easy to find its on the north side across the dam just pull over across from the house maybe 1/4 mile past the dam can't miss the trail down nice little beach to launch your tube from

chris
[signature]
What sort of topwater was most productive for you? What type of jigs were you using?What style, etc.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Topwater is good , try buzzbaits , poppers , zara spooks , jitterbugs and torpedos . Jigs , no one color was better for me , just try something else if they are not biting .I was using Yamamoto baits and I bring about 256 colors of them , Just kidding ,[Tongue] I think . LOL . Last week they would change color they wanted about every 2 hours . Might have something to do with me making there lips sore . Did good when it was dark outside , but it can be steep in the narrows . Don't fall in , I almost did . If you want bigger smallies , why don't you give Jordanelle a try .
[signature]
you know thats funny i've noitced while fishing trout if you find a hot spot where you can stand in one spot catching fish after fish on say a in line spinner you will soon stop catching fish but as soon as you switch to a spoon or different spinner you start catching them again i allways joke the ones i release goes and tells his buddies not to bite that freaky thing swimming by

chris
[signature]