Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bait ban update
[url "http://www.michiganvotes.org/RollCall.aspx?ID=426395"]http://www.michiganvotes.org/RollCall.aspx?ID=426395[/url]

If it passes just how long will it take for each and every county is reported to have B.T.B. or C.W.D. by the Mi.D.N.R ?

My guess is that after years of not having either disease ALL counties will have reports from the Mi.D.N.R. as having positive virus test results . Each county will test positive in September , just a few weeks before the Bow opener or just prior to any early hunt scheduled .
[signature]
that page left me knowing less about the ban than before I read it, it is deffenantly misleading at best.

one line says the bill if passed would prohibit the dnr from posing a ban on feeding if is no sign of tb or cwd.

the other line says it is a bill to extend the ban of baiting and feeding.....

so wich is it?

but honestly, if every one stuck with a half dozen apples or so when they go out hunting and not pre-baiting that would pose no problem, any thing not used by the deer during the hunt would be picked up at night by one or maby two deer or a rabbit or ground hog or coon or possom or skunk, or any one of them hundreds of wild porkers wondering around.

I think the real problem was some of the guys got together to challange the baiting laws by making a community bait pile. there is always going to be those people who are going to abuse any thing given them.

I did not see any big bodied deer at harvest time this year, I didnt see any one with a deer that dressed out more than 30 pounds.

Road kills are at an all time low so far this season down here, I have only seen a couple laying on the side of the road, the spring road kill was horrendous, I saw a dead deer on the side of the road every mile from pontiac to lansing to flint back to pontiac.

the most important thing for hunters is to remember to go to the deer check stations and have thier harvest accounted for and be honest with them when having thier heads checked.

this way the dnr can get a better grip on where and how the desease is progressing or declining so they can make ajustments to their efforts.
[signature]
who's not or who isn't baiting? you would never think there was a bait ban on right now...people all over put bait out this year
[signature]
I got one set of tracks going threw the property I hunt and 3 tags to fill [Image: happy.gif] .
If I had some bait out there would be a couple three or four to choose from this weekend .
[signature]