Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell
Anyone interested in a BFT get together on lake powell this fall? Was thinking if a big group of people got together renting a house boat would be cheap and a heck of alot of fun striper fishing.

Just a idea.
[signature]
Tell me more!!! I have lived in SLC my entire life, own a boat, and still have never been to lake powell. I need a good excuse to pop my cherry!!! I would definitely be interested. Plus, I hear that you havent began to live until you get to play in a striper boil[cool]
[signature]
hey polo now is the time to start living ! the stripers are boiling now !

chris
[signature]
Hey polo

your missing out if you have never fished lake powell. I brought this up because i thought it would be fun if a group of people 10 or more went down and did a trip out of it. Hopefully there is a little more excitement about this and then we can get it planned. If not then a couple of us can still go down. I have yet to catch a striper. But i have caught alot of big cats bluegill, back in the day, smallmouth and largemouth out of there. hand full of crappie and carp of course. great place to spend time even if the fishing would be slow. greatest scenery around on a lake.
[signature]
this must be polo right?

well it is still early but im sure we could get away with a inexpensive trip.
[signature]
I wanna go !! I wanna go!! I wanna go!![Smile][Smile][Wink][Wink][cool][cool]

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
That post was from me. I'll have to see how much I can come up with.
[signature]
Count me IN! Been there, done that, want to do it again. I also know the owners of a houseboat rental company down there. I can ask them how much they would charge us if there were say, 10 people on the boat and such. Any ideas on when to go?
[signature]
I've never been on Lake Powell in a house boat but sure would like to give it a try, how many days were you thinking about? I guess we would need to bring a few of our boats so we could chase the stripers. WH2
[signature]
i was thinking in august or spetember when the water cools again and the stripers are in the pre winte feed mode. i dont know how many days maybe 4 or whatever something like that. just thought it would be cool to get down there with a few guys and make a trip of it.
[signature]
maybe labor day weekend? 4 days might be a little long to swing . . .

sm
[signature]
A few years ago Doug Miller had a show about renting the house boats at Lake Powell, he said that later in the year the rental rates go down because no one wants to rent a house boat then, but it is later in the year like December and January. I've got plans for the labor day weekend already so if that is the date, I'll have to pass. I think what ever the date is, I'm sure someone could run a guy back to the docking area with one of the boats, even if they are only there a couple of days. WH2
[signature]
Sorry that one was me, polokid!!![cool]
[signature]
i havent been there in years and im really missing it. i would prefer to stay in bullfrog. but we can keep all that open as well. welll how about everyone throws out a date that they thing is best. and then we can all take the dates given average them out or something and thats when we will go.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Fish4Food and I was on a house boat at Powell last summer ... 8 of us total on the boat. We towed my little 14 footer behind the house boat. I think if I were to try it again, I'd rent one of the many lodges at Bullfrog and take our boats out each day. Fishing from a house boat is a bit tough because it won't maneuver around very well.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I understand that around Thanksgiving time is fantastic for striper boils. And remember, there is NO limit on stripers at Powell.[/size][/font]
[signature]
This would be a great way for some of the tubers to get some fishing in that don't have a boat to get away from the dock areas! We (TD and I) have talked about it ... unfortunately we wouldn't be able to make this trip because of our care-taking obligations! [unsure]
[signature]
I haven't read any of the replies, so at the risk of duplication...

There's already a spring and fall Shad Ralley held at Lake Powell. It's supported by Wayne Gustaveson and if you fish out of Wahweap he talks at the group dinner and helps anglers on the water too. It's a great time especially for anglers learning how to fish Powell.

Go to [url "http://www.wayneswords.com"]www.wayneswords.com[/url] for more info. You could have your own event, but if you want Wayne, prizes, and an organized dinner, then go to the existing get-together.
Xman, I have been told that the time of year is late oct-early nov. Sounds fun. I've never been there either.
[signature]
Now this is a trip I can get into. It has been years since I have to to lake powell. And X ya giving enough notice that I bet i can talk the wife into this one. She can go camping and do her wondering in the deseret thing and FB2 and I can go fishing. Late fall if I understand it right may be the best time for the stripers. Lets find out what the cost will be and go from there.
[signature]
[#ff0000]I put in for a bunch of Elk permits this fall around Strawberry hoping on spending a little time chasing Elk, and a lot of time after that chasing some big Cutt's. If we don't make the draw, a Powell party sounds great. [/#ff0000]
[signature]