Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neat aticle about starting out
pretty cool, was at least an interesting time killer for me at
Flyfisherman

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 2]Sorry koucanut had to edit the link because it included a fishing forum.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
interesting article.. just enough information to peak the interest and have a few questions but not so overwhelming as to be confusing or frustrating... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
weak! forgot it had a foum on there my bad.... if your interested its on the flyfisherman web site, towards the bottom, like 3 pages long.
[signature]
crud.. lol.. I missed that forum too ...and Im a mod.. LOL..

still a good article I think.. not overwhelming and I think that is what will keep new anglers interested...

thats one thing that has kept me on this site.. you get good answers to questions but not so much that you feel overwhelmed... [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: dumb.gif]No problem - just Google Flyfisherman.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Or just call Kochnut...he will get them into fish![cool]
[signature]
yea right! haha! nothing but sheer luck for me all year and nothing more!
[signature]
YEAH RIIIGHT!!!! I think not!
With this heat wave, I really ought to get up to the river...we shall see[crazy]
[signature]
im thinking middle provo this weekend myself
[signature]
Edit the link [mad]
What a pooper[Smile]
Well, maybe next time. Thank you for trying anyways.

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]I know Peter but Mods are governed by the BFT rules. Weren't you able to find the link on line?[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
if you PM Kochanut Im sure he would be willing to give you the link... :-)

MacFly
[signature]
Im sorry to ask but, why is it a problem if there is forum
there?
I dont understand .............

Peter
[signature]
it is a competitive forum..... meaning if we allow our members to post sites with competitive forums there is a potential that this site could lose money to ads etc on that competitive site.. so the BFT rules do not allow anyone to post a site that has a competitive forum on it...

hope that explanation made sense..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]With this heat wave, I really ought to get up to the river...we shall see[crazy][/quote]

Heat wave is right. I was up on the middle last Thursday, and my car said it was 6deg when I got there. It warmed up to a nice 11deg by the time I left an hour later. There was no wind so it didn't feel all that cold. If there was a stupid meter on my car, I wonder it would have read. [Smile]

I'll probably head up there this Friday, unless I get tempted to go ice fishing again....so if you guys see a short Asian dude on the dressed like the Michelin man, that's probably me.

Any ways, thanks for the heads up Kochanut. I found a link on that site on the left hand menu that had a bunch of Beginner's Guide articles. I especially like the one about catching panfish on a fly rod.
[signature]
i believe you and i passed each other earlier this fall on the weber when i was driving the pimped out GEO. either way im hitting the middle this weekend, making a post on the UT FF forum.
[signature]
[quote macfly55]it is a competitive forum..... meaning if we allow our members to post sites with competitive forums there is a potential that this site could lose money to ads etc on that competitive site.. so the BFT rules do not allow anyone to post a site that has a competitive forum on it...

hope that explanation made sense..

MacFly [cool][/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm[:/], I see .
Thank you
[signature]