Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catch and Release State Record
Just wondering if I could get some encouragement, or discouragement, on whether or not to submit this fish as a catch and release state record? It's a 20 inch Tiger Trout. Caught it over the 4th of July weekend. What does everyone think? I know it beats the old record, but is it big enough to acutally submit it?
Can't help you on the advice part but I will say nice fish!!!! I know where that is. I have never been there, but I have been itching to get up there really bad......
[signature]
Xman is the the guy that knows all about the records, but I think you must have a friend that was there, sign a statement saying the fish was the same length you say it is. For sure you should submit it, nice fish. WH2
[signature]
Truly a very beautiful fish. Congrats. If you can meet the requirements, I think you ought to submit it. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
I wouldn't even question whether to submit it or not. That is a huge Tiger! Anyone would be hard pressed to find any larger than that around here.

Current C&R
[size 1]TROUT, Tiger[/size] [size 1]10/01/00[/size] [size 1]17 1/2"[/size] [size 1]Lance Egan[/size] [size 1]Huntington Reservoir[/size]
Current Kept
[size 1]TROUT, Tiger[/size] [size 1]1997[/size] [size 1]5 lb 13 oz[/size] [size 1]23"[/size] [size 1]15"[/size] [size 1]Scott Tanner[/size] [size 1]Floating Island Lake[/size]
[signature]
I know where that is too. It a fun place to fish. I guess if you want everybody in the state to know where you caught it go ahead. I've caught some C&R record fish, some I wish I would of sent in and others I'm glad I didn't.
[signature]
All i can say is a tiger trout is one of the more coveted species in my line of fish to catch right now. And if you dont sumbit it it will make it that much easier to put a record in the books. hehe. What a sweet looking tiger.
[signature]