Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boat is beeping every 40 seconds
I have an older 70's fiberglass tri-hull runabout with a rebuilt 96 50hp Johnson. Bought this about a month ago, took it out once to make sure all was well (it ran great), then winterized the motor. I took both batteries out, charged them and stored them in my garage. I covered the boat well for winter - all seemed well. About a day later, the boat started beeping a single beep about every 40 seconds or so. Seems like it may be coming from the area around the motor control, not even sure how it is beeping without the batteries. Does anyone know how I can shut this off?

[inline boat2.jpg]
[signature]
Is there a stick-on battery operated clock in there someplace? With the big batteries out, I'm guessing there must be a smaller battery operated device with a battery going dead. Maybe a radio with electronic presets?

Congrats on the nice looking boat BTW. It looks like a great place to spend lots of hours.
[signature]
Thanks Nate. That sets me at ease a bit, I was worried maybe some main boat part was alerting or ??? I didn't see a radio or clock, but there were speakers - it must be a small device with its own batteries.

I hope to get a lot of good fishing with this next year, guess I got tired of being tossed around in my little 12' aluminum boat, needed something more stable and safe.
[signature]
My camper has a lp detector that makes that noise when the batteries are taken out of the trailer. Could be your boat has one? Mine does not but thought I'd throw those two pennies out there in case it helps.
[signature]