Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish for bait!!!
I am alittle unclear on regulations for fishing with whole fish and fish parts???? I know that game fish is illegal, and that fish has to be dead!!! but does perch follow under that classification??? Plus fishing with non game fish in other waters than the water they were caught in, what is the rules on that???? I know that using full perch on Pineview is now illegal, but I am just unclear on the whole process in other bodies of water??? any help???
[signature]
[#555555]I hope this helps. This is from the DWR web site. It gives the basics of bait. Each water has it's own rules about perch. If caught on certain waters, they may be used on that water. It has been discussed here before about some waters limiting the size of the piece of fish being used to 1 square inch. The entire proclamation is available online at [url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2003_fishing"]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2003_fishing[/url]

Bait
[/#555555]
R657-13-12 [ol] [li] [ol] [li]Fishing is permitted with any bait, except corn, hominy or live fish. [li]Possession or use of corn or hominy while fishing is unlawful. [/li][/ol]
[li]Use or possession of any bait while fishing on waters designated artificial fly and lure only is unlawful. [li]Game fish or their parts may not be used, except for the following: [ol] [li]Dead Bonneville cisco may be used as bait only in Bear Lake. [li]Dead yellow perch may be used as bait only in: Deer Creek, Fish Lake, Echo, Gunnison, Hyrum, Johnson, Jordanelle, Newton, Pineview, Rockport, Sevier Bridge (Yuba), Utah Lake, and Willard Bay reservoirs . [li]Dead white bass may be used as bait only in Utah Lake. [li]The eggs of any species of fish, except prohibited fish, may be used. However, eggs may not be taken or used from fish that are being released. [/li][/ol]
[li]Use of live crayfish for bait is legal only on the water where the crayfish is captured. It is unlawful to transport live crayfish away from the water where captured. [li]Manufactured, human-made items that may not be digestible (e.g. rubber worms, plastic baits, sponge, etc.) that are chemically treated with food stuffs, chemical fish attractants, or feeding stimulants may not be used on waters where bait is prohibited[/li][/ol]
[signature]