Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Spotted Bay Bass
I know this has nothing to do with Utah fishing. Some of you who have fished the West Coast will appreciate this trophy. It was a potential world record spotted bay bass, but it was released. The bass weighed 4.96 pounds and was caught in Mission Bay in San Diego last weekend from a kayak. For those of you that have fished this species, this is an off the scales beasty. Just thought I'd pass it along for your enjoyment.

Good Saltwater Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l44663.jpg]
[signature]
Just had to remind me of San Diego didn't you how i wish i was there.
[signature]
i under stand your pain poncho i to miss S.D. and the tuna bite i under stand the albies are in range of the one day boats

chris
[signature]
We all miss it. Poncho, I thought you were going to move there?. I actually just put in for a job there myself. I would miss Utah terribly, but home is home. Ahh, yellowfin, yellowtail, albies, fish tacos, surf, Mexico, bikinis........life is good. Here's one more to enjoy. Look close and you can see the yakker punching through the waves.

Good Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l44668.jpg]
[signature]
i think the best fish i ever ate was at a little resterant next to H&M landing it was a wahoo sandwhich now i got a stomach ache for fish with a hamburger staring me in the face life is not fair
[signature]
That is in the near future. My wife turned down a job in Brawley which is about 120 miles away, just didn't want to live in the desert. Also turned one down in Carlsbad that didn't pay enough. Hopefully it won't be more than a few months, but we have to stay with the money.
[signature]
I do believe I've had that same sandwich. MMMMMM. Now I'm really homesick.

Good Dreaming, Kayote
[signature]
[cool]Hey...don't forget all the "Zonies"...the Arizona folks with brains enough to get the heck out of the heat and head to San Diego.

That was a honkin' bay bass. They have tons of them down in the upper Sea of Cortez too, but a two pounder is a good sized one in most spots.
[signature]
Nice picture & nice fish. We all miss San Diego, I lived there for four years and it broke my heart top leave it, but as was said before we have to follow the almighty dollar....My favorite beach was Ocean Beach for the waves, but Mission beach for the babes. Didn't do much fishing there...for fish.
[signature]
I'm kind of torn about moving back there. All my family is there and I absolutely love the ocean. However, the median price of a home is $400,000. That's for a crackerbox inland. I saw a 2 bedroom apartment in Mission Beach for rent for $2,500/ month. Ouch..... I spent the first 22 years of my life there and get back every summer. Used to live on Cape May in OB. Maybe I can find that rich widow in La Jolla. LMAO If they offer me the job, I'm going though (in a heartbeat). These things just have a way of working themselves out. Suppose I could commute from Tijuana. El Gringo Loco.

Good Ocean Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Heck, you see more California registered cars in Baja than mexican registration. We looked into building in Baja. It is tempting. A $400,000 home in So Cal cost $70,000 with an ocean side lot in Baja. Hard to beat for a retirement except of course is you decide to come back across the border. 8 hours later we're still in line and for the 100th time, "No, I don't need any souvenirs..."[/size][/font]
[signature]
Lived there last summer for 6 months, had a one bedroom apartment, lived 2 blocks from Balboa park. Maybe 10 min. from downtown and the bay. I was at the beach almost everyday took about 15 min. to get there. All for $725.00 a month, even had a pool. I pay $645.00 a month here.
[signature]
I know the area, it's beautiful but kind of dangerous after dark. I won't get off that easy. I'm a single parent with two kids. I need a three bedroom place. I may have to commute from Ramona or a like area inland. Most places are 20 - 30 minutes from the beach anyway, unless it's rush hour. What's going to kill me is I pay $550 for my mortgage in the Basin and have a nice home. I just may be living 'Trailer Fabulous' in So Cal. LMAO. But you know what, I personally am willing to make the sacrafice to get back to the sea. Lots of great bass fishing too. I caught an 11.2 lb. Florida in San Vincente in '79. Like a dumb kid, I filleted and ate it. Ahhhh, memories. If we both end up there Poncho, I'll show you some of the local holes if you'd like. That's fishing holes Tincan. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Good Moving, Kayote
[signature]
I know what you mean about low house payments my house in kansas is pretty nice and only 400.00 a month, in San Diego a friend of mine rents a 3 bedroom house for 1750.00 a month. If we both end up there i look forward to seeing your hole's, fishing holes that is.
[signature]
What other kind of hole's would you show him, if not fishing holes.[Tongue] Have you heard back from any of the other places ,yet?
[Wink]Tincanfish
[signature]
Nice Picture and Fish! Good thing i'm going to San Diego in two weeks for a vacation or i'd be wanting to go there even worse.
[signature]
Not yet, but I have my fingers crossed. The other one I'm hoping for is in Santa Cruz. Ling cod, rockfish and halibut. I hear there are not as many yakkers up there because of Mr. Great White. Now that would get the adrenaline flowing in a ducky boat, eh?. I also hear there are a lot of those rainbow types there. You'd fit right in Tincan. LMAO.

Good Moving, Kayote
[signature]
Fishing for great whites in the ducky boat would be a blast or maybe not. Do the great whites take buzz baits or do they just burn down buildings. You know how much I love those rainbow types so I hope you get the job there.
[signature]
Tincan,

Burn down buildings?. Now that was in poor taste. LMAO I think the law states you can't target great whites (fully protected). They are catching a lot of leopard and thresher sharks right now, both of which are fantastic table fare. They say makos will attack your yak when hooked. Can you imagine hooking a big shark with only a couple mils of plastic between you and all those teeth. Now that's true fishing.

Good Shark Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l44855.jpg]
[signature]
I don't know about true fishing but you'd have a great story to tell for years if you made it back to shore. I had a shark take a look at me last year at imperal beach, i was out past the breakers waiting for a good wave on my boogie board, he came from under me took a look and darted off. His head was a foot wide. Now that was scarey.
[signature]