Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rabbit hunting
Would like to know a good place to hunt rabbit's. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
[signature]
Anywhere out in the west desert! Skull valley, west grantsville etc...
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]I went out west 2 weeks ago just past park valley and found nothing. I would love to go if anyone knows where some good rabbits are. If anyone has heard anything post please!!![/font]
[signature]
We went out down around the simpson springs area and saw 2 rabbits all day. Went all the way around to fish springs. Saw very very few tracks. I have heard that there are a few left down around richfield. Just cant make the time personally to get down there
[signature]
This year has been weird. I have seen more snowshoe hairs and cottontails than I have seen jacks. Now I am not out in the west desert but it is desert and I dont think I have ever seen this many snowshoes ever in my life. I have seen them wile I am duck hunting in an area that I will see one or two a year. Last time I was there I saw at least 7. To me that is a lot. I will be going out in search of jacks soon enough. All my duck spots are frozen solid now, and I might be done for the most part this winter. Unless I get a hair up my butt and head down south and do some scouting. Good luck to you.
[signature]
A couple of years ago we did pretty well down around koosherm. Actually ran out of bullets for the .22's so we started using scatter guns and my .300 mag. Dont know if its worth a damn at all this year
I too have noticed a few more snowshoes and cottontails than usual. It really didnt dawn on me until you mentioned it. Saw probably 10-15 cottontails during my cow hunt. And 3 yotes. But it was still early in the morning so we didnt chance scarin of the elk for my first shot at a yote. Woulda been nice though, they were stalkin a covy of chucker about 150 yds away. Woulda been an easy shot damn it!! hehehe
[signature]
You where close to my honey hole, Allot of that area was burned and if you can find stands of sage brush that wasn't burned you will find good populations of jacks and cottontails.That area gets hit hard so don't concentrate on places you can drive right up to you need to get away from the roads a little and you will find some good shooting,if it is almost to thick to walk threw you have found a good spot to try.
[signature]