Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
Hit east Canyon today. We fished just about 100 feet off the bottom of the ramp in 17 feet of water. We caught plenty of little rainbows and a few cutts. They took all sizes of jigs from ice flies to 3 inch tubes tiped with worms and waxies. The ice was a good 6 inches solid and there were a few snowmobiles on the ice today.

Little man had a blast stareing down the hole looking for fish.
those are some nice fish. always a good day when you can get away from the house and fish with the little ones. even nicer when the little ones get into some fish. cant wait to take my little guy out soon. he keeps saying "ish, ish" ( fish fish ) when i get on the computer because he wants to see the fish.
[signature]
Hey Keystonecop,
We hit it yesterday and done real good also
we was on the south end 30' a lot of real small bows
and brought home a few for the B-Q
same thing they was hitting anything we gave them
mostly was using the 2" white tube with worm was the best right off the bottom.
PS. Got the Showdown back with the up grade 5.3
Very happy with it I still haven't had any problems at all
the up grade did help as far as the clutter.
[signature]
Good to hear you were in the fish also. I was wondering about the Showdown upgrade. Now I think I have to wait till spring to get it done. I just can't loose that awesome piece of equipment during the season. I don't know how I ever fished without out it. I stopped watching my line yesterday and just watched the Showdown. Everytime I saw a fish I picked up the pole and WHAMO, fish on. I LOVE THAT THING. Thanks again for talking me into that over the Marcum and Vex.
I went up there today with my daughter and fished close to the same area you were at I'm sure, but we marked a few fish but they didn't hit anything I put at them. I didn't see any on the camera either. I tried different depths in about 17-19 feet of water but never got even a nibble Sad
[signature]
It must be the football team you root for. I'm a Raider fan and we knock'em dead up there last Saturday.
[signature]
[quote slimerslayer]It must be the football team you root for. I'm a Raider fan and we knock'em dead up there last Saturday.[/quote]

Don't listen to them HOODY3, Go Pats
[signature]
Were you the one with the big Eskimo shelter? I was the one that was west of you and your daughter. If that was you. I caught 6 rainbows altogether took home 4. All were a foot long and fat. I was fishing in about 16 feet. The bite was good for about 2 hours. Lost about 3 fish. Missed alot of nibbles. Ice was 10 - 12 inches. Seen atv tracks on ice. Two eagles on the ice waiting to take my catch. Using small ice-cutters tipped with mealworm. Seen alot of turkey and deer on the drive up. A good day.
[signature]
Yeah the Raiders luck must be rubbing off on their fans then.....cause we all know they are getting LUCKY...I did want them to beet the donkeys though last week Smile

What depth were you guys fishing in and at what times?
[signature]
Yeah that was me.... I saw you were catching fish but I was not having any luck. Coulda been cause my daughter didn't want to sit still either but I still didn't see much on the finder or on my camera. I was right on a ridge too, that probably didn't help.
[signature]
I have been there the last 2 days... Here is the big one of the 2 days by my Nephew.
[signature]
That's a sweet football.
I was there today I caught three in about 6 hours in the little finger just west of the boat ramp. SLOW. But when I was leaving a guy had dropped his camera down the ice hole. Low and behold I had just bought a new Aqua Vu so we could see it and started fishing. Then his liitle girl had a fish hit the Barbie pole in the drink also. We ended up snagging them both and got the tears out of the little girls eyes. This is no BS I did get some nice pics of the eagles also. Fishing for the stuff in the water was better than fishing for the fish themselves. Any reports on Lost Lake?

[signature]
I fished it with a few friends on monday. We ended up with 54 between 4 of us. Better size then the last few years for sure but not really any hogs yet.
[signature]
anybody been fishing up on east canyon lately?? whats the bite like? hoping to get up there on saturday??
[signature]
How do I get to east canyon? I have never fished it before. What can I expect and can I take my ATV? Thanks
[signature]
[quote 5wtrod]anybody been fishing up on east canyon lately?? whats the bite like? hoping to get up there on saturday??[/quote]
We went up this morning and did not catch a thing. There was three of us and we each had one bite. We marked a few fish on the flasher as they would check out our bait but they were not interested at all.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. Here are directions:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=58599;sb=post_subject;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]Click here[/url]
[signature]