Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WLG, Chickamauga...Nuke, Blue Catfish(EricM really needs to feed his pets lol ), 12-20-2009, Monster
Me and Troy had some family/freinds come in from Wisconsin to go catfishing. Yep..they drove 13 hours just for a chance at one of our slimy ol stinkin catfish!!! Well I knew they were gonna be in trouble when they got here thursday night and were planning on going Friday. Well ...them yankees are pretty hardcore but they wasnt THAT hardcore!!! emoLaugh All that liquid sunshine Friday delayed their trip a little. We did try it for awhile saturday but not even one bite was to be had!!! We got back out this morning at about 8 am and me and Troy came prepared. My old boat aint the purtiest boat in the world but with the walk thru winshield you can snap in a center peice ....then put on the bimini top ....put a propane heater in there and presto ...you have yourself a portable ice shanny!! emoLaugh emoSmile We would just put the nose into the wind and sit in there and watch the rods while we were nice n warm!!! emoParty Troy caught the lone fish of the day that weighed in at 19 lbs. Well thats all we caught anyway when we left the yankees there at about 12:30. We had cooked our lunch over the open fire...sort of..and got our bellies nice and full ....... then took a little nap after watching a sandhill crane eat a blue catfish!!! EricM...You HAVE got to get down there and feed your pets....there gettin skinny and the birds are gonna eat em all up!!! emoLaugh emoLaugh Anyway...after watching the yankees freeze half a day..then catching a fish,,eating lunch,,,,taking a nap,,,and bird watching...we decided to call it a day. I hope the yankees caught something after we left. I really do after they drove all that way!!! emoRolleyes If you ever see a blue ski boat out there with the top on and smoke comin from the chimney...dont worry...its just me and Troy in full winter gear!!! emoBigSmile Enjoy all the photos...I took plent....and a short video of the crane eating the catfish...I will post it later! Water temp was 44 above the discharge and 47 right on top of it for those intrested!! Took about 6 ounces of weight to get you to the bottom in all that current!!