Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Trip Rigby Lake
I am just busy and can't seem to get away to any other place lately.

This morning I caught 9 stockers all on pink paddle bugs tipped with night crawler. No real secrets other than waiting for the school of stockers to come by every once in a while.

Windriver
[signature]
The ice good and thick?? I been tear'n it up around Heise the last week but have been wanting to pull out the auger.
[signature]
Thanks for the update, and I will probably hit it early one more morning. I thought they were going to flow water through the lake this winter to establish a permament fishery, but it sure does not look that way right now. If they did I wonder just how good the fishing could get over the years.

OvidCreek
[signature]
The ice is over 12" thick right now.

Windriver
[signature]
I havven't been able to find any paddle bugs around here, checked at wallmart even. bummer maybe I'll havve to find some on line.
[signature]
Thats funny I bought a package at the Blackfoot Walmart that had a bunch of different colors in one package for about $9.00 . I also bought a bunch on Ebay . Curt G.
[signature]
http://www.crappielures.com/paddle_bugs.php
[signature]
I found some more at the Sportsmans in IF. They are under a different brand name. I can't remember what they are called, but basically a generic. I would buy the ones on line in bulk and then get the appropriate weight jig heads for them.

Windriver
[signature]
I wonder if you went with a lot lighter jig body if you would get a lot slower drop and more bites . I will have to try this . Curt G.
[signature]
Update 12-24-09

My son and I caught 11 this morning from 8-11am. I did see a lot of fish on the Vex; the suspended ones were more aggresive. I may fish it one more time; although I don't mind catching fish at this rate. I think Rigby is becoming one of my favorite mid-December fisheries. I sure hope fish and game can lobby for continous water to flow through from the dry bed. I know people will fish it; there were five goups out today. I also know a lot of fisherman would stop at Rigby buisnesses and buy small items; just another way fishing helps the economy.

OvidCreek
[signature]
Stopped by Rigby lake this morn for the first time??? Looked like all the water had gone into the ground. What's up with this?

[fishin]
[signature]
Sten669 ,i fished rigby lake yesterday,it had 16" of ice and 15' water. fish where not aggressive,very light bites. there was a lot of people out there. it's good for some ice time but just stockers in there . felix
[signature]