Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake oooohhhh
went to Fish Lake today and braved out to 40 yds and 16ft deep the crack that was letting water through only had a couple inches of ice on the other side I drilled through 3 inches of the prettiest clear ice I ever saw and caught 25-30 splake, 2 rainbows and a couple perch from 9am to noon, my weight one biscut shy of 300 lbs proved enough that when I left my hole was a couple inches under water, a couple of days and the whole lake should be alot safer to brave out to deeper depths..
there is a solid 5 inches around the shore out about 20 yds 3 inches out to 40-50 yds and after that only about 2 but it should be building every day and a good 6 inches by the weekend I would guess....Fish lake in on for the rest of ice season...It snowed a alot today and none of the turnouts are plowed better be in 4x4 and bring a shovel its gonna get deeper..... sorry for no pics to much snowww
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Al, sounds like you had a good day. Any size to the fish you caught? Sounds like it won't be long until the lake gets a cap.
WH2
[signature]