Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pontoon leak?
I friend of mine has a pontoon, not sure what brand possibly Drifter made in Brigham City. He says it's in good shape but one of the bladders leaks most likely on a seam. he wants 25 bucks for it. I don't know much about toons but would love to have one if it's fairly reasonable to fix it. Any help on where to go for parts or repair ideas would be great. THANKS
[signature]
If the pontoon has a removable air bladder it would probably be quite easy to fix, therfore a heck of a bargain.
[signature]
Thanks for your responce Killer. It does have a removeable bladder I was concerned with the leak being on the seam. I dont know if you can patch a seam or if there might be some other method of repairing it. Thanks again.
[signature]
I've heard of several ways to repair an air bladder. However I've only heard of one on repairing a leaky seam. This info was through the grapevine, and I have personally never tried it. I've heard that the "green slime" you can get for sealing ATV tires will seal a seam on the bladder. You have to put in the slime, inflate the bladder, then roll it around for a few minutes to the slime to all the right spots. And supposedly this works great.

If I were you I'd also post this question on the float tubing forum here at BFT. I'm sure TubeDude or the others would have some helpful input on this situation. Good luck.
[signature]
Hey GOT2FISH,

If you don't want it I'll give $25 for it if possible, sight unseen.

m
[signature]
Thank again TKB I'll try your suggestions.
[signature]
Matador I think I'll give a try fixng it. You'll be the first to know if I give up on it, But I am pretty excited about trying out a new way of fishing. It sounds like it's a real hoot.
[signature]
Snag it! What kind of bladder are we talking about? Vinyl or rubber. I have a pontoon boat as well, but can't remember the brand. All I know is that it was a Utah company that has since gone out of business and therefore replacement bladders may be hard to come by unless you can find a competitors bladder that would fit.

The thing to remember about floatation fishing is that the bladder will take the shape of the covering for the most part. So if you can't salvage the original bladder, take some rough measurements of good pontoon and go to your local neighborhood fishing store and find a 'toon with similar measurements and get a replacement bladder that way.

Just my two bits. Tube Dude on the float tube board is "da man" when it comes to this stuff.

Good luck and welcome to the float tube/pontoon club! It has its advantages at times over fishing from the bank or boat.

ES
[signature]
Thanks for your responses guys. Great Info, Great Forum.
[signature]