Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry report needed
been awhile since we've had any report from strawberry. what's going on up there?
[signature]
Fished the ladders today, 8 inches of ice. Fished in 16 feet of water,landed a few, lost a few using standard Strawberry fare. Wish we would have had the snowmobiles. The wind really picked up in the afternoon.
[signature]
Two of us fished east of Strawberry Marina on Wed 12/23. We arrived at 7:30 and fished until 12:30. We caught six cutts all within the slot. Saw very few fish on the sonar. We must have moved 10 -12 times and never found the fish. We ended up clear out to the point east of the marina. Fished between 15 & 40 feet of water.

The ones we did catch were on tube jigs tipped with meat and jigged hard. Lost three others at the hole. Ice was 8-inches thick.
[signature]
a couple of us went to mud creek on wed. night. arrived at ten p.m. and left at three a.m.. the fish were there. I caught four fish in the slot. My buddy caught one that was twenty inch. I had alot of bites but man could I not hook em'
[signature]
I guess that I should say that the ice in mud creek was about six to eight inches with four inches of semi-frozen slush on top. Be sure to wear good boots!
[signature]
I was wondering how thick the ice was by the damb??
[signature]
Were there any machines on the ice?? Thinking of taking the wheeler out.
[signature]
fished west of the marina on thursday with no luck. There were a couple of guys on snowmobiles on the ice but they stayed close to the shore. Ice was about 8 inches in the bay. The owner of the marina said he would wait a couple weeks to take the wheelers out anywhere out of the bays away from shore.
[signature]