Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Is Almost At C-Pool
Just a heads up. I went by Pelican today and it's almost to c-pool. If you have a big boat, be careful launching. People are starting to use their trolling motors to trailer to avoid hitting rocks with the prop. Apparently the cobble rock has slumped from the new construction. Just be careful.

Good Bluegill Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Does it still got the swimmers itch warnings up? I want to tube the lake but don't have waders.
[signature]
How is the fishing at pelican when the water is so low and it is so hot. Is it just better to fish it at night.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
Do not get in the water. The itch is bad. Tincan: The fishing is always good there. The morning is the most pleasant and the big greenies come out to play.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Is it possible to catch Bass and bluegill from the shore? I've never been up there but I hear there is very little shore access. Or, do you have to be on the water to fish it effectively?

Thanks,

Al
[signature]
When the lake is full in the spring, there are several areas to shore fish and wade. When it's low you must have a boat of some kind. It's always better on a boat, but you can do well from the shore early.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
I better get some waders then if I plan on fishing there. Don't want the itch and it is a long drive for me (at least 2 hrs) so don't want to go up there and not be able to fish.

Thanks for thye info!
[signature]