Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice safety
i fished grantsville today with some buddies a beef cow had fallen into the south inlet and some guys were trying to get it out a 3 year old boy had walked to close to the open water and fell through the ice his dad jumped in after him. myself and several others ran to help them the dad couldnt hardly walk and the little boy was turning blue
we stripped them down and put them in my truck to get warm i sat and held the boy wrapped up in my coat trying to keep in calm and warm him up i called 911 and just about everyone available in tooele county showed up it was a very emotional experience. the boy and the dad are doing great i am so happy i was able to help save there lives today if it wasnt for the few of us that reacted so quik it could of been a really bad deal. i really would like to thank everyone who helped save these people.
please stay away from the inlets the ice is unsafe and most of all watch your kids they are more important than anything in the world. the cow that caused the whole situation was saved also.
[signature]
Hey bloodvessel,
You and the other guys that helped
are the type of people we need more of
great job and thanks for being one of the few
that will give everything to help someone in need.
Thanks again.

One reason we should always be prepared for anything this time of year.
[signature]
Fished Grantsville late tonight and saw similar conditions. The edges were thin but the middle was solid... I measured about 8 inches. Be careful on inlets and edges. I caught one nice bow and missed a few bites... not too bad for about an hour and a half.
Later,
Chris
[signature]
before all the chaos we iced several bows and i caught this brown first one through the ice this season
[signature]