Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
report on scofield
friday night I hit scofield just after dark by the dam. I stopped at electric lake and used a casting net to catch a bunch of minnows and then went on to scofield. I caught a nice fat 15 inch rainbow that fought hard and my wife caught a really fat 18" rainbow that fought harder than any rainbow I have ever caught. then the wind came up and the fishing died down. It was still a lot of fun with the two we caught.

JEd burton
[signature]
Did you catch them on the minnows?
[signature]
Hey Kent,
Talking about these minnows reminds me of strawberry. Anytime you feel like going let me know. I would realy like to go up there and have one of those knock em' dead days that everyone always talks about. Now i'm all excited about strawberry again!

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
You've got to love those minnows -- they catch the larger fish. I didn't realize that Electric Lake was full of them -- one would think that all of those cutts in there would keep them in check. I'm also impressed that you got your casting net figured out so quickly.
[signature]
Second invite I have gotten this week for Strawberry. Nice to know that, other than my wife, there are a few folks out there that enjoy an outing with the old fisherman. This week I'm tied up headed to Idaho fishing for the mighty white sturgeon, with a couple guys who frequent this forum. If we are fortunate enough to tie into a few 5 - 6 - 7 or even 8 foot sturgeon catching those 20" cutthroats may never be the same. Then again, if the sturgeon aren't willing participants in this great adventure a willing cutt from Strawberry may be all the more appealing.
[signature]
good luck on your sturgeon hunt hope you get one

chris
[signature]