Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Float Tubing Report
[cool][#0000ff]I went out to my storage shed and got my sonar off my tube and rigged it up for ice fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I could swear I heard my tube whimpering...maybe from the cold and maybe from loneliness. Poor thing. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry. That's the best I can do until the daytime temperatures warm up enough to melt that infernal Antarctic ice cap. Came in early and has been building with a vengeance.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Global warming? Yeah, right. Not in Utah.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I hear ya Pat. I need to do the same (go to the shed and get sonar rigged for ice).

It's been a busy month. I haven't even looked at the water since our Pinview adventure back before Thanksgiving.

Good luck when you make it out. Prolly gonna be a couple more weeks for me.

Happy New Year everyone!
[signature]
I went out today and scouted some places to float the snake river hopefully for cats. There was so much private land that it will make the trips a long one at best. The first take out is only 1/2 mile or so and is not a great take out. The next one is 5 miles and it is a tough take out. The next one is at 7 miles and that is a good take out spot. If the river is running about what it was last spring I think the 7 mile trip would just be a good day floating and fishing. The next take out from there would be at 10 miles. That one would be a tough take out. The bank is very steep and it would be a bugger to get up. If a guy missed that take out there is no public access until the next take out spot,,,, at mile 19.67
I am not sure these trips would even be worth much as far as fishing goes. This stretch is very shallow I think. I was told by biologists that they don't do much work there because it is too shallow for their boats. I know that cats like to come into the shallows and this stretch has higher DO rates than the lower impoundment does.
I have been doing a lot of studying on this stretch and I wish the 5 mile take out spot was better. The 7 mile trip could be a slow one without much flow, or it could be a half day trip if the river is big like last year. Oh well I can keep thinking ice started at mile 5 and was solid at mile 23. If I don't catch any cats in this stretch of milner I am going to call it quits for milner and drive west. Ron
[signature]
Way to go Pat. Ice fishing is better then no fishing[Smile]
Please post some pictures of your ice fishing expedition.
Of course you have to mention the float tube just
to keep it "legal" here[Wink]

Happy new year.

Peter
[signature]
[quote peter805]Way to go Pat. Ice fishing is better then no fishing[Smile]
Please post some pictures of your ice fishing expedition.
Of course you have to mention the float tube just
to keep it "legal" here[Wink]

Happy new year.

Peter[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Happy New Years to you too...and everybody else.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Of course I would not make a post on this board without being "legal". Since I usually fish right up until iceup and I am usually one of the first on the water as the ice is breaking up in the spring, I am a "crossover" tuber/ice fisherman. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just in case you missed my first tubing report from last February, here is a link:[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=476590#p476590"]ICE TUBING[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow TD. I love your ice tubing report and super love
those pictures [Smile].
14F is a little too cold for me, but for a man of your
caliber..........................no problem[Smile]
Thank you for the link to your report.

Peter
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]Global warming? Yeah, right. Not in Utah.[/#0000ff][/quote]

<lol> NOT HERE IN NEBRASKA EITHER!!!! [crazy]
[signature]
Well ice is starting to come off the lower elevation lakes, won't be long now![Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah, right. Here are some "float tubing" pictures from last Friday on Utah Lake. Sure, they are catfish, but they came from under a foot of ice on a day when the high temperature was only 30 degrees.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey a guy can dream can't he?
[signature]