Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do walleye bite at night?
I am seriosly wanting to try catching some walleye, because I have as of yet never caught one and am wondering if the bite at night. If so how do you fish for them at night. also if anyone has some advice on where and when to fish around here let me know. I don't have a boat so I usually have to fish from the shore.

Jed burton
[signature]
Walleye do bite at night. That is the only way I used to fish for them. Night fishing is usually better during the spawn out at Willard, but I'm sure you could catch one along the dike out there. Try white curltail grubs, and fish more parallell to the rocks. You'd probably be able to land some Wipers doing that as well. As the young shad get bigger, the eyes at Willard kind of slow down, and are a little harder to catch. I have not tried for eyes anywhere else however. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
There are some great walleye fishing sites that give alot of information about techniques used to catch walleye. [url "http://www.walleyecentral.com"]www.walleyecentral.com[/url] has good info and links to other walleye resources.

Remember the walleye is THE FISH of the midwest and Canada and it's popularity has caused many a fisherman to travel 100's of miles to get some for the dinner table.

There are many books available for all the possible techniques used to hook the eye. In fact, Doug Miller did a walleye night fishing show last year from Starvation.

You'll find out that the walleye in the King of the Night time bite...[cool]
[signature]