Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quicky on the Weeb. again 12/29
Took a quick trip out to "the spot" yesterday pm. Last several times the hunters had scared everything out so I wasn't real confident. Conditions, cold, light snow, most of the river frozen and apparently no one had been there in the last few days. Hopeful! Noticed some ducks at the S. end, Sparky and I pulled our patented sneak and they weren't where I thought. [frown] Anyway a good size flock jumped behind some upstream brush and I shot 3 times. Thought I couldn't miss all those drakes. [frown] Downed a hen. [frown] Oh well, Sparky doesn't know the difference. He brought her back and we headed N., hopeful. Spotted some at the N. end and did our sneak. This time, 3 for 3, finally. Had a very stressful time with one in the river. Thought I had lost it under the ice. This really, really upsets me. It's happened about 2 other times over the years. Anyway, I finally got Sparky off the one in the river and retrieving 2 out in the field. 1 wasn't dead and tried to swim away in the the snow but Sparky wouldn't have any of that. Came back with the 2 and went back to the river to see if maybe something would show. Finally, a head popped up, just a small head, in the river and Sparky was on it. No lost birds!!!! I'm pretty happy. 4 birds are more than enough so we quit. Had duck tonight. [Smile][Smile][Smile] Sorry, no pics., too cold. I know, I'm a woos. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice. Everything is frozen solid for the most part. Glad you found a few.
[signature]
[inline Weeb..jpg] Might have found the pics,, if not they are close. [Smile]
[signature]