Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last hunt today
Note to self , move the hunting blind to the front of the property on the woods line .
Not a track in the back 40 to be seen , everything is right up front along the wood line .
Must be a direct route to the bedding area in the pines from the swamp .
Cold , cold morning to be out , sitting , waiting , and nothing stirring outside at all .
I should have gone fishing .
I did see a mature Bald Eagle this morning above a field on the way home The bows are all packed up , so is most of the hunting gear , loaded into a army foot locker ready for next season .
A did leave out the treestands and a few rounds for preditor hunting , gotta bag a few yotes this winter .
A good and happy new year to all my buddies !!!
[signature]
Why not put up an additional blind? this way if the deer change routes you have both sides covered, and if you get tired of looking at one tree you can have another blind to check out a different tree. [:p]
[signature]
I'm going to move the blind to the front and build a log cabin blind in the back to double as a camp site for the downstate relatives that want the ultimate outdoor camping experience .
[signature]
Sounds like a plan, be sure to put in plenty of misquito attractant... [:p] I mean repellent.

Hang the mothballs early to mid summer so the deer get used to the smell of them. It will keep the bees out all summer. Its much better than walking in around september with a can of raid....[Wink]

Keep your eyes open for those little 4x4 or 4x8 flat bed garden trailors. they make great portable deer blinds. I saw some around mid state, they didnt look like much but was plenty big enuff and worm enuff for bow or gun seasons. un hook them from the garden tractor or what ever you have to haul it out with push it in to place and use a 4 firewood rounds to block it up.
[signature]
I do miss the buzz of those skeeters when the sun goes down , NOT !!!!
[signature]